Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

*Villa Park gives a friendly wave*

At this point, I'd be ok with it tbqh, as long as it weren't wage-structure-breaking insane (and coming from France he probably wasn't on big money, relatively speaking). Not likely to find a better ball-playing defender at this stage without shelling out a load of cash anyway. Came through the City academy and had a loan at Sunderland, so familiar with England as well. Rather overpay him than drop 15M on a Bednarek or similar.

Just now, Teale's 'tache said:

I don't know about full panic mode, but certainly we are in a state of flux. It's difficult to have a transfer strategy when you don't know who the manager is going to be in a few weeks time, it's difficult to back a manager who is underperforming, and the whole Sarr debacle shows there's a disconnect somewhere in the recruitment team.

We're a mess, at the moment I'd just be happy if we don't lose Luiz, Bailey and Sanson and add some kind of defensive cover, so there's at least something to work with for the next guy coming in. If we lose our only remaining winger, one of our better midfielders and don't add to the defence, then it's going to very difficult for whoever comes in next.

I don't think we'll lose any of those players apart from possibly Sanson, but you just never know.

Yeah it’s just a worry and feeling atm… I’m fearing that we are going to end up and be left with a weaker, lighter squad with less options.

Maybe we will get a couple of quality signings in (just feels unlikely and like maybe we have changed tact or are in a sudden rush now) but at the expense of a lighter squad.

Sell too many players, especially midfielders, and we have no one of any real worth on that bench to change it up in games, to cover for injuries and suspension. An injury to a key player and we are up shit creek…

I really hope the club isn’t being shortsighted or dictated to by the manager…

Maybe it’s just the overall negative feeling and poor performances that are influencing me but we do only have until 11pm tomorrow (shit, that’s come around quick!) to sort ourselves out… it does feel like there is at least a bit of panic…

When was the last time we were active on deadline day? I also fear that even if we have targets/deals lined up, they could fall through or fail to be completed in time and we are left in the brown stuff…

All feels crap right now, we need some kind of lift asap…

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Diallo and tielemans 🤔

Martinez

Cash        Diallo/CC      Mings      Digne

Kamara

Tielemans           Luiz

Buendia

Bailey          Ings/watkins

Something like this could work

Oh… you little dreamer you ☺️

😭😭😭

• Haha 1

Diallo and tielemans 🤔

Martinez

Kamara

Tielemans           Luiz

Buendia

This is not a Villa team - where are Coutinho and McGinn!!! 🤪

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Diallo and tielemans 🤔

Martinez

Kamara

Tielemans           Luiz

Buendia

More likely Dawson and nobody 😭

• Haha 1

Just now, RicRic said:

Why would leon bailey even consider Ajax that to me is a such a backwards move in his career. If reports were true of course

It’s not exactly been fun and games for him here… 

Can we please just get rid of this shit manager rather than selling players of worth???

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Why would leon bailey even consider Ajax that to me is a such a backwards move in his career. If reports were true of course

They were 30 seconds away from playing CL final a few years back. Tadic did alright that season after leaving Southampton.

Haller flopped at West Ham, scored bagfuls in Holland and got a good move to Dortmund before the sad cancer diagnosis.

All said we really shouldn't be selling Bailey as he's finally fit now and shown in flashes he can do something good for us.

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Champions League and regular game time, different manager, probably could just about get the same wage.

• Like 1

The way we've been playing it's hard to imagine there's such thing as a backwards move 😭