Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Palace bid 27mil for Gallagher 

Looking at his stats he had a fantastic first 3 months of the season the tailed off badly. His passing stats are awful. The penalty in that friendly was awful and getting sent off for two stupid challenges within 30 mins was awful … He’s a good player but not what we need right now. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Looking at his stats he had a fantastic first 3 months of the season the tailed off badly. His passing stats are awful. The penalty in that friendly was awful and getting sent off for two stupid challenges within 30 mins was awful … He’s a good player but not what we need right now. 

Agreed but its a great signing for Palace, A palace side who destroyed us. Makes them even stronger.

if we don't bid for Gallagher and he moves I genuinely don't know what Gerrard thinks the answer is.  I was livid when he pulled the plug on/failed to convince Sarr but we all put that down to his lack off interest in wide forwards (after all he doesn't even play Bailey).  However if he's not then adding a good box to box midfielder of which Gallacher is probably the best available in the prem then what the hell does he think the answer is?

• Like 1

Glad they walked away from Sarr whose wages and agent demands plus attitude weren’t  what we are looking for. Much rather that than sign the wrong character whose only here for the money. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Agreed but its a great signing for Palace, A palace side who destroyed us. Makes them even stronger.

I find it very hard to believe Chelsea would accept £27m given some of the fees going around this summer. This is a player who has recently broken into the England squad and has 2 successful years playing every game in PL. 

• Like 1

If we sit on our hands now, whilst other teams that we should be competing with strengthen around us, we might as well write this season off and just hope to not get relegated.

Expectations on our summer business were set so high when we signed Carlos and Kamara and we have just stagnated since then, despite glaring issues within the squad.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Getting left behind by everyone here

I don't think Gallagher would be a great fit for where we are currently.

Ramsey in a slump currently but was as good as Gallagher between December-March last season.

We need a defensive sound and strong 8. Gallagher making two idiotic challenges to get sent off after 20 minutes for Chelsea isn't that.

Tielemans would be a fantastic pick up for us if there was another chance for example.

Kamara-Tielemans

Ramsey

could roll with that.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Love Gallagher but he and JJ have a serious amount of overlap in their game. If we want Jacob to keep growing as a player then we can't bring in another young player like Gallagher to take his spot. 

• Like 3

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Love Gallagher but he and JJ have a serious amount of overlap in their game. If we want Jacob to keep growing as a player then we can't bring in another young player like Gallagher to take his spot. 

Yeah they are quite similar and we should ideally be going for a different type. (Still wouldn't say no if Chelsea were stupid enough to sell for 27m)

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

This transfer window has been another shit show. 

Yeah it started off well and Diego injury is just unlucky (not helped though by Gerrard trying to force Mings out of the club at same time though) but I genuinely thought it would be a case of getting Kamara in really early which we did and then signing a top class 8 by middle/end of July. I find it staggering we haven't done that and partly responsible for the three defeats.

We bid for Bentancur and Bissouma in January. We kept on getting linked to Kalvin Phillips so I really don't understand what's happening. Doucoure at Palace seems to have settled well and they signed him for about 15m so that's one we perhaps should've looked at more strongly.

• Like 4

Any new CM signing come would be McGinn's replacement. As captain that ain't happening so I wouldn't get our hopes up. A Backup CB and a wide player. That's all I can see. 

Edited by Rightdm00

I’m in no doubt we aren’t where the club hoped to be In terms of signings. We did great business early doors and have obviously not been able to secure the players we’ve targeted as of yet. This to me shows we won’t be messed about with on fees and wages. The calibre of player we are after and that second best is no longer the default plan b) which has been for so many years… 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

I’m in no doubt we aren’t where the club hoped to be In terms of signings. We did great business early doors and have obviously not been able to secure the players we’ve targeted as of yet. This to me shows we won’t be messed about with on fees and wages. The calibre of player we are after and that second best is no longer the default plan b) which has been for so many years… 

We have prided ourselves on getting everything sorted early and not getting desperate on deadline day. I think that might change this year, as we are in need of 2-3 new players, and time is running out. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

All good if we had started with 3 wins out of 4.