Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

16 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

New manager and £40m CM and £40m attacking player for the new manager.

If we’re serious about actually making something of this season and progressing, then this is the kind of actual ambition we need to show. Time to stop talking and to start acting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Problem is as well that if we replace Gerrard this squad has now been limited.

If the new manager wants wingers we have 1 proper out and out winger. 

We've moulded this squad for Gerrard and he's completely **** it up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Seems mad that we only added 2 first team players. 

People kept talking about the number of signings but ignored a lot. 

Ignorant to how pathetic our manager is, most of all…

Edited by Jas10

Kouadio Kone, Maxcence Lacroix and somebody like Martin Terrier, Jonathan David or even reignite the interest in Ismaila Sarr*.

Along with a new manager and we'll stand a chance of Top Half this season and not fighting relegation.

*He'll never come here now though, I would still be against signing him if Gerrard stays as it's a waste, but under a new system with a new manager there's room for him, Bailey and Buendia

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Problem is as well that if we replace Gerrard this squad has now been limited.

If the new manager wants wingers we have 1 proper out and out winger. 

We've moulded this squad for Gerrard and he's completely **** it up. 

Yep… what a state, what a mess…

we need to act or it’s going to be a terrible season…

The club will decide transfers, I think that's what was going on with Sarr and Bednarek both seemingly long term targets before Gerrard was at the club. It might be that they even consult potential new managers who they would like, or at least ask them if they like such and such a player, basically make sure they don't sign someone who would be out of favor with whoever they're targetting to replace Gerrard.

The club can't just not strengthen the team, I think some are worried that if we buy players then it means that Gerrard's job is safe, but we're in a position where we need improvements regardless of whether Gerrard is staying or going, unless he improves us asap he will be Villa Manager no more, whatever the prevailing circumstances of who we sign between now and the transfer deadline.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

The club will decide transfers, I think that's what was going on with Sarr and Bednarek both seemingly long term targets before Gerrard was at the club. It might be that they even consult potential new managers who they would like, or at least ask them if they like such and such a player, basically make sure they don't sign someone who would be out of favor with whoever they're targetting to replace Gerrard.

The club can't just not strengthen the team, I think some are worried that if we buy players then it means that Gerrard's job is safe, but we're in a position where we need improvements regardless of whether Gerrard is staying or going, unless he improves us asap he will be Villa Manager no more, whatever the prevailing circumstances of who we sign between now and the transfer deadline.

I hope so, but am not convinced by the strategic direction of the club. Chances are the next manager will want wingers, so it is essential we get one in before the end of the window. Gerrard will be gone soon after it shuts and the next manager needs the tools to do his job. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

no way Bednarek was a long term target since we have signed 2 centre backs in the last 8 months and he was easier to get than Carlos

• Like 1

The club will have a long list of possible targets for every position, probably at least ten for each, just because we've signed two other players for central defence other than him that doesn't mean to say he isn't someone that the club have had in mind since before Gerrard came in. I don't think Chambers was originally bought as a centre-back anyway, more a utility player, he just happens to have done better than expected as centre-back.

7 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Gakpo wanted by Southampton, one we should be in for for the attacking role, especially with ghazi going there, might have a bit of extra leverage

Should be all over this. Linked to Everton too so we should be able to blow them out of the water.