Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Have a quick read of my post again….

We need to shift players to buy, there’s plenty we know need to leave & Gerrard also knows who they are - as does the club. Unless you think we should be hanging on to AEG and Co., why on earth wouldn’t we try to sell the deadwood? 

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Forest signing Lodi on loan with possible 25m option, interesting signing.

Only their 9th left back signing so far :D 

24 minutes ago, Awol said:

We need to shift players to buy, there’s plenty we know need to leave & Gerrard also knows who they are - as does the club. Unless you think we should be hanging on to AEG and Co., why on earth wouldn’t we try to sell the deadwood? 

Because we aren’t signing anybody else (who the **** is going to turn up at this sh**show now?), and now we have no wingers apart from Bailey. What if the new guys needs wingers to play his system? Gerrard should not be doing anything regarding transfers, he needs to be relieved of his duties and that’s all. Forget this transfer window, it’s a complete wash out and failure on the clubs part. 

Edited by Tayls

21 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I feel certain the club will announce something tonight to try and appease the fans. If we don’t, then I suspect that nothing is close which is pretty worrisome. 

Well, the news broke about Sarr last week to try and get people excited. That lasted about 18 hours before it was taken away - and it wasn’t even that exciting to begin with to be honest. I think there is only one piece of news that we are all waiting for…

Edited by Tayls

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Because we aren’t signing anybody else (who the **** is going to turn up at this sh**show now?), and now we have no wingers apart from Bailey. What if the new guys needs wingers to play his system? Gerrard should not be doing anything regarding transfers, he needs to be relieved of his duties and that’s all. Forget this transfer window, it’s a complete wash out and failure on the clubs part. 

I think you’re wrong about no further incomings and to make the space for them we must sell or loan more players from the current squad. These are changes that need to happen irrespective of Gerrard.

• Thanks 1

Honestly, it doesn’t matter if we sign Mbappe this coming week. I can’t see any signing or signings changing the minds of the majority now. You still need a manager in place who knows how to use them.

I would still like a couple to come in this week but more so to help the team/group and the next manager.

• Like 2

Just now, Awol said:

I think you’re wrong about no further incomings and to make the space for them we must sell or loan more players from the current squad. These are changes that need to happen irrespective of Gerrard.

Then who’s pulling the strings on transfer dealings? That isn’t the correct way to go about things with no manager in place (if Gerrard is to be sacked). There’s three days left of this window, no one is going to be looking at us thinking that it will be a great career move right now. We are unstable as hell. An absolute rotten mess. The only way to get over this is by bringing in an actual coach along with his team to get this current group of players playing - that means holding on to everyone that we have to give them the best opportunity of doing so. 

44 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Because we aren’t signing anybody else (who the **** is going to turn up at this sh**show now?), and now we have no wingers apart from Bailey. What if the new guys needs wingers to play his system? 

Bring back Traore and Trez from loan?

1 minute ago, PerryBarrPet said:

No we won’t but IMO our main problem is going forward so a defender is not the only thing we need.

Though we desperately need a CB as well.  Our only fit CB’s today were Chambers and Konsa. What if one had to come off due to a knock?  Would have had to play Young or something like that.

2 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

No we won’t but IMO our main problem is going forward so a defender is not the only thing we need.

I agree that we need to get more creative going forward but,  currently,  we have a plethora of attacking players and only 2 fit centre backs who are now our back-up centre backs. 

32 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Then who’s pulling the strings on transfer dealings? That isn’t the correct way to go about things with no manager in place (if Gerrard is to be sacked). There’s three days left of this window, no one is going to be looking at us thinking that it will be a great career move right now. We are unstable as hell. An absolute rotten mess. The only way to get over this is by bringing in an actual coach along with his team to get this current group of players playing - that means holding on to everyone that we have to give them the best opportunity of doing so. 

So you want to keep AEG, in case a new manager can polish that turd, correct?! Look, you have a relentlessly negative, almost cartoonish view of the club. Everything is ‘rotten’, rubbish, and irredeemable.

We have Lange, an entire professional scouting department, and a squad that needs additions before the window closes. That isn’t dependent on ‘deh-do-doh-don’t-dey’ recruiting people he used to play with. 

If you are right and we don’t sign another player then fair enough, I’ll happily admit that. But when we do sign new players I wonder if you’ll admit how wrong you were? We’ll see.

10 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Wouldn't give a penny to the current setup no idea.

I would. We need to improve the squad for the next manager. A CM, winger and cover at DC are a must of we want to get through to January without being cut adrift in the bottom half of the table. 

• Like 1