Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We bid 25 million for a player we didn't even need. Yet to are still sticking to the " we have no money " narrative?

Gerrard and Lange were aboard the banter train and thought it would be super funny to make it seem like we were going to spend money. And then they took it away. :( 

#bants #goodgroupoflads

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 2

Just now, Tayls said:

Gerrard and Lange were aboard the banter train and thought it would be super funny to make it seem like we were going to spend money. And then they took it away. :( 

Conspiracy theorist at work. Tin hats on!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As long as he is backup to Chambers who was 5th choice at his club just over 6 months ago.

Football is funny. 

Yeah well at least chambers hasn’t had 9 put past him in two games and 5th choice at arsenal is different to what he is at Southampton 

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

I’m assuming his stats are 💩

@Laughable Chimp you’re usually good at identifying players’ stats too, what do you think of Bednarek’s numbers? 

They're alright. Better than Konsa but probably no better than Chambers. That said, if Gerrard insists on not starting Chambers than I guess he'd technically be an improvement to our team.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Chambers currently isn't even getting in ahead of Konsa who's been terrible.

So I see him starting until Carlos is back.

You may find after the last match that konsa will be sitting on the bench in place of chambers so now it will be chambers place to lose, hopefully chambers continues to not put a foot wrong and remains there for the foreseeable 

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

You may find after the last match that konsa will be sitting on the bench in place of chambers so now it will be chambers place to lose, hopefully chambers continues to not put a foot wrong and remains there for the foreseeable 

We should just change his name to this 🤣

1 minute ago, a-k said:

For what it's worth, Bednarek's WhoScored rating in the league has been, on average, higher than Konsa's or Carlos' over the past few seasons...

Whoscored is pretty bad for CBs tbh. And this is coming from a guy who really takes his stats seriously.

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

They're alright. Better than Konsa but probably no better than Chambers. That said, if Gerrard insists on not starting Chambers than I guess he'd technically be an improvement to our team.

I do wonder if Chambers is actually given a run in the team (rather than being in the side then out of it) that he could progress and improve and be the ideal partner for Mings…

Not gonna happen though, not now..

SG seems to love chopping and changing, seems to suggest he hasn’t a clue… players who perform well are dropped or not picked, we win a game and it’s a different side and/or system/shape…

🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeah well at least chambers hasn’t had 9 put past him in two games and 5th choice at arsenal is different to what he is at Southampton 

Tbf, I doubt that Bednarek was solely responsible for those 9 goal defeats 😆

It is a concern though…

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

You would have to assume carlos ball playing ability was a big part in why we signed him, he’s injured and surely we want someone to at least mimic those abilities. Bednarek isn’t that 

Yep, a surprising move considering that point you’ve made…

So… we’re not going to be a possession based side now?

Make your mind up Stevie…

40 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I don’t know why Paul McGrath gets wheeled out every time a signing is questioned. The same happened with Coutinho. He was a rare success story. Chances are you buy a player that has had a tough time of it either because of poor form, injury, alcoholism or age then they are also going to be shit for your club too. 

Thoughts on Bednarek?

Think we could do (a lot) better?

17 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I actually hope you're right in that.

We can hope!