Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

49 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Well I suppose it was nailed on in as much as Gerrard went to his house to ask him to sign for us, same as he did with Kamara. Difference is Tarkowski said no! So many moving parts in any deal…

And you know this how, did he take you with him, or going off bullshit ITK posted on social media. 

21 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I’d expect more movement now for CB - Leicester and Chelsea have struck an agreement for Fofana

Yeah, I reckon Leicester will become quite active now. They will have some things in place. And also be in the market for a CB.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I'd go

Martinez

Cash Carlos Botman Digne

Kamara Guimeres Ramsey 

Coutinho Wilson St Maximin 

Hard to split Wilson and Watkins tbh

Pit issue is our team isn't clicking with the way they're asked to play. The Full backs and the 8s covering isn't working and opposition are exploiting that. 

• Trippier, all day long
  • Dan Burn is under rated
  • Joelinton is transformed in his role, far more effective, than anything, in our midfield.
  • Wilson, is far more switched on than Watkins, ..reads the game far better and shows more aggression to reach the ball early....his only problems is staying fit.

I would put Watkins in a room with footage of Andy Gray and Peter Withe.......and while the game has changed, he might also want to see similar footage of Ivan Toney......who does actually emulate both of them in the modern game....He shows aggression, Ollie can only dream of.

If shit isn't working, you can still put your foot in, and be a nuisnace......We are hiding behind stuff, and not getting on with it.

as an example if you are being played out of position, does that stop you winning the ball in the air?

If they can't do it.....we need to bring in players who can....but we need to be sure of what we are bringing in and why?

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Everton has just announced Maupay. Hopefully Brighton want Ings as a replacement 🤞🏻

As a team that cant score we should definitely sell our top scorer and best out an out striker to a team that will give him a load of chances

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

And you know this how, did he take you with him, or going off bullshit ITK posted on social media. 

Going off John Percy who I don’t think would make it up since he’d get called out on it immediately at the next presser. Change your pantyliner, it isn’t a criticism of anyone.

42 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Sarr was pretty much done. Delay to Juventus was pretty much done.

Entirely different circumstances. 

1) Depay is probably on more at Barca and was being cast out so they could register new players. I’d say he was within his rights to make it as difficult as possible. 

b) Villa are a bit of a joke and I’d question what is actually happening at our place now in terms of transfer dealings

4) there is no way a young lad who currently plays for Leicester is going to turn down more money to join Chelsea who are forking out £70m on him. 

Edited by Tayls

Just now, Tayls said:

Entirely different circumstances. 

-

1) Depay is probably on more at Barca and was being cast out so they could register new players. It say he was within his rights to make it as difficult as possible. 

b) Villa are a bit of a joke and I’d question what is actually happening at our place now in terms of transfer dealings

4) there is no way a young lad who currently plays for Leicester is going to turn down more money to join Chelsea who are forking out £70m on him. 

My point is that someone said the deal was done. It isn't. It might be close, it might be done tomorrow, but as of NOW, it is not done. That was my only point.

11 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Going off John Percy who I don’t think would make it up since he’d get called out on it immediately at the next presser. Change your pantyliner, it isn’t a criticism of anyone.

Sorry but I can't find ONE tweet or article from Percy saying that Tarkowski turned us down.

I've found things ranging from " Could be a potential signing " to " Options are quite open etc.

Last tweet from him with regards to that I can find, is him confirming deal for Carlos and saying it was an impressive move.

I even see one saying that we were now unlikely to go any further with him now we've signed Carlos etc 

Again I could be wrong, and I'm trying to search for it, because I don't remember anything saying he turned us down.

I did indeed hear that Nathan Collins turned us down as we couldn't guarantee him a starting place.

Edit: Unless it's from an article behind paywall.

Not saying you're wrong either but I don't remember that at all.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN