Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, Knutserov13 said:

Laugh all you want but I like Mctominay. I think he would be perfect in midtable team. Him and Kamara would be good for us in a double pivot. Too bad Gerrard doesnt play that way though...

Yeah I don't think he's bad at all. Would love Tielemans though

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think its a fair guess. We signed a defender who plays in his position, stripped him of the captaincy and he didn't play the first game. 

A disgraceful performance and an injury to Carlos has changed everything and We'll never know for sure but I don't think it's a crazy theory. 

That’s what I believe as well. SG maybe underestimated the fans reactions to Mings being dropped (and stripped of captaincy). When it became a story in the media he may have had second thoughts, plus Carlos injury made dropping Mings too difficult to persist with for now. I don’t think Gerrrard’s long term vision has Mings in it.

Fwiw Mings wouldn’t be a starter in my long term vision either, but with Carlos out he is probably still our best CB. Need to improve that part of the team going forward.

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think its a fair guess. We signed a defender who plays in his position, stripped him of the captaincy and he didn't play the first game. 

A disgraceful performance and an injury to Carlos has changed everything and We'll never know for sure but I don't think it's a crazy theory. 

Fair enough but I’ve seen posts talking about our next signings like Mings being replaced was a forgone conclusion. 

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Was aware of Sangare signing a new contract but I just wanted to dream a little 😆 PSV getting knocked out reignited my interest 😆

However, there may well be (another?) release clause in that contract and failing to qualify for Champions League may affect his feelings on whether to stay put… seems like the vast majority of players are desperate to play in the PL these days and get paid the big bucks…

Zakaria and Kone were another two names mentioned today…

There are loads of options… it feels like we’re either slow to act or haven’t got our priorities straight. There is still time though, so all we can do is wait and see but it’s understandable for us to feel eager or even desperate with the way we’ve been performing… we need reinforcement…

I’m hoping we have a big deal lined up that will shock and pleasantly surprise us…when it’s finally revealed..,

Regardless, I feel there are plenty of options out there to improve our midfield. As we get closer to the close of the window, my concerns that maybe SG is happy with his options (he’s stuck with Ramsey and McGinn in the league despite how poor we’ve been, Luiz not a starter yet. Abysmal decision to give John the captains armband and he will not be dropped - that’s not going to change anytime soon unless we make a change of manager) grow… but I’m also more concerned about these ridiculous tactics than I am about the individual players. We have to sort it out asap or we are going to be in deep trouble…

I can’t see the logic in vacating or bypassing midfield… we need to close distances, stop the hoofball, keep the ball on the ground as much as possible and improve our passing game as well as penetration and chance creation.

Be more solid and allow the attackers to thrive… build around Buendia - our chief and most capable creator. Bring out the best in him and we will be firing (that’s if the CF(s) can be relied on to be clinical)…

Its been very disappointing to say the least and the DC injury just made it worse tenfold, we should certainly have made a couple more additions and our management and recruitment team did not assess largely enough if i have to be honest.. there was the potential to bridge a gap between certain clubs but that appears likely to have vanished.

Midfield is such a huge concern and we should not be content with what we have currently and certainly need to add with not just a filler but a huge talent to get us playing in that next gear.

Archer needs to start games in his cameo he showed so much glimpse of a hot hungry striker and he deserves a run of a few games i have no doubt he would score especially with buendia feeding him.

I believe we need a quality CB rather than just cover because if Mings gets injured we are in the shit! Konsa is off form, Chambers isn’t as favoured (and maybe not quite as good) as many would like/think. We’ll really struggle without Ty in there so we need someone who can come in and make us a lot more solid.

Anyway, this is encouraging:

Diallo seems the most appealing from the names that have been mentioned so far. Hard to judge Szalai but I’ve only heard positive things whereas there are negatives surrounding Bednarek and even Caleta-Car (still think he’d be good for us though, reunited with Kamara)…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I believe we need a quality CB rather than just cover because if Mings gets injured we are in the shit! Konsa is off form, Chambers isn’t as favoured (and maybe not quite as good) as many would like/think. We’ll really struggle without Ty in there so we need someone who can come in and make us a lot more solid.

Anyway, this is encouraging:

Jan Bednarek 

Ross Barkley

Harry Winks

😂

• Sad 1