Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

It must be lovely having such a world class striker in your national team. There is hope going into every single game

You must admit Kane isn’t too bad. It’s the manager that’s the issue! 

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Last time I asked my mum. And checked my passport. And heard my funny accent. 

That’s fair. I’m just surprised you say that, I always thought Poland were a pretty solid outfit myself.  

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

It must be lovely having such a world class striker in your national team. There is hope going into every single game

It's the hope that kills you. I accepted we are bad. But it's not due to players, it's the football culture. We are just a bad footballing nation with good individuals like Zieliński or Zalewski.

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

Hause out and Bednareok on loan deals is a positive. 

Its like when you were 13 and tripped and fell on your face in front of the girl you fancied along with all her friends....but avoided the dog turd on the floor.

Positives!

(I'm over it now....the medication helps)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

It's the hope that kills you. I accepted we are bad. But it's not due to players, it's the football culture. We are just a bad footballing nation with good individuals like Zieliński or Zalewski.

Our star striker is either Callum Robinson or Scott Hogan and we have Hourihane sitting in behind them. I would love the feeling of hope 😪

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

What are you people on about. Bednarek is a good loan.

He isn't gonna start ever week. He isn't even a very good player.

But he is a good back up to rotate so we don't spunk 30m on a new CB if we know Carlos will be back at the end of the season.

It's a signing we need to make because of the circumstances. 

He is PL experienced, knows the league, the language, knows what to expect. He is ready to go.

It makes financial and squad sense. He is better than Hause. 

He is an Olsen/Augustinson. A squad player. 

How is someone you admit isn’t a very good player a good option for a loan? We signed Carlos for a reason. I’m not saying we should spend another 20/30 to buy someone else, but we’re now left with the exact same defence as last season which clearly isn’t good enough. And now we’re supposed to be content loaning a player worse than what we already have

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Our star striker is either Callum Robinson or Scott Hogan and we have Hourihane sitting in behind them. I would love the feeling of hope 😪

At least you can throw an egg around. 

• Like 1

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

How is someone you admit isn’t a very good player a good option for a loan? We signed Carlos for a reason. I’m not saying we should spend another 20/30 to buy someone else, but we’re now left with the exact same defence as last season which clearly isn’t good enough. And now we’re supposed to be content loaning a player worse than what we already have

Because it's a loan of necessity. We are not upgrading for another 30m, we clearly can't at this point.

It's a solid loan. He will challenge Konsa.

4 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Yes, for what it’s worth I think we can do better.

I actually don't really know much about him or them at all.

I do know they are always good for an attempt at record breaking thrashings revievals nevery now and then though. Lol

However I'd say that's more down to Hassenhuttl.

7 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Its like when you were 13 and tripped and fell on your face in front of the girl you fancied along with all her friends....but avoided the dog turd on the floor.

Positives!

(I'm over it now....the medication helps)

She'd have only broken your heart further down the line mate! :P 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I do know they are always good for an attempt at record breaking thrashings revievals nevery now and then though. Lol

I think Brendan bought two of the 4 defenders that played in the 9-0 loss to Leicester in the following window, they obviously impressed him 🤣

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I will hold up my hand and admit to not knowing much about him either. For all I know he could be world class or crap

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Soton seem to blow hot and cold most seasons but end up avoiding relegation …… just about. I guess Hassenhuttle does a reasonable job with the players he has but we need to be bringing in players well above that standard.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems as if it would be a loan Dela for backup as well.

I can't say it's " Inspiring ' but I don't think it's as bad as people might be making out?

Your right, every signing can’t be a high level superstar. These are circumstances that whilst not unforeseeable they’re difficult to budget for, certainly in the context of FFP. I don’t watch loads of other teams, certainly not the likes  of Southampton and so have little knowledge of their centre backs, but could he be the sort of big, no frills centre back that can do a job for us when called upon?

33 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Is Abdou Diallo from PSG any good, French media is reporting we are looking at him and that he is interested in us. They paid 30m to Dortmund for him and apparently available for about 8m. I don't know the guy at all. Just wondering if anyone actually knows what he is like as opposed to just basing opinion on stats?

You can see him in action here, playing alongside Mane etc. on his national squad last year. He's fast, that's for sure, and my sense is that he's really good at reading the game rapidly and responding. I love his little kick forward move at 2:34 on this. It's all just a snapshot, but he would bring pace, brains, and height as a defender: The overwhelming impression I myself get is someone who is very intelligent in his role.  Although ... at 7:57 -- whoa, almost a major blunder.

Edited by Marka Ragnos