Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, Steero113 said:

Nailed on for at least one more major incoming then. 

Scenes when Ross Barkley is presented at HT in front of a furious Everton away section at VP 😬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Two G's Gregg states he didn't think we are likely to sign anyone else. Just outgoings mostly on loan.

No more sales would mean we only managed to sell three players? One of which we didn’t initially want to sell.

I remember people speculating about how Villa would raise 100m by selling 10 players this summer (I was hoping too)

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

No more sales would mean we only managed to sell three players? One of which we didn’t initially want to sell.

I remember people speculating about how Villa would raise 100m by selling 10 players this summer (I was hoping too)

It was imaginary numbers. 15-20 million for Davis and 30 million combined for Anwar/Trez and Traore

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Forest signing Remo Freuler for £8m is fantastic business unless I'm missing something? Can't believe it.

Could have plugged a gap of steady midfielder here and not broke the bank. He's an age Gerrard likes as well :)

Steve Cooper and George Syrianos would be two people I'd be very very interested in getting here if the wheels really come off.

Making exactly the same mistakes we made when filling the squad full of promising young foreign players under Lerner. Never blended and got relegated. Forest’s shopping trolley dash could break them for years.

1 minute ago, Galway Lion said:

Making exactly the same mistakes we made when filling the squad full of promising young foreign players under Lerner. Never blended and got relegated. Forest’s shopping trolley dash could break them for years.

He isn't young and has Champions League experience, think played at the World Cup as well

He might not work out but he isnt Nakamba level

8 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Or doing the same as we did when we got promoted... 

They have to buy a new squad, same as us got promoted too early when they weren't ready for it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Time for the coach to actually do some coaching and improve the players

Chequebook manager at Rangers

I get your position on Gerrard but this statement is just nonsense and makes no sense.

We all know Gerrard doesn’t do the coaching & Critchley is barley through the door… Also he doesn’t sign the cheques so transfers are on Lange / Purlsow to negotiate and ultimate decision makers… 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

you know chequebook isnt just in transfer fees wages are a lot worse than transfer fees, he signed Defoe and Davis on Premier League wages

38 players in 3 seasons is as chequebook as you get

Or, you can look at this way... Each season they improved the squad - strategically, and to the point of winning the league and competing in Europe…. 

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I get your position on Gerrard but this statement is just nonsense and makes no sense.

We all know Gerrard doesn’t do the coaching & Critchley is barley through the door… Also he doesn’t sign the cheques so transfers are on Lange / Purlsow to negotiate and ultimate decision makers… 

He is probably the only manager in the league as everybody else has a head coach. 

Him and his coaching team should be improving the players we have like every other team in the league instead of demanding new players like he did last season. Acting like Harry Redknapp

We have I think about 16 players who have played in the Champions League yet they can't string a pass together

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Carlos, Coutinho, Digne, Kamara are all good signings that could take us to a higher level. Add in Cash, Mings, Martinez and Ramsey then you have very good foundations

Then subtract Gerrard and you get the answer - 5

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Haha 1