Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

so you disagree......fine.

Mcneil not the level of player we need to be going for with what we are trying to achieve , anybody in favour of signing him may need to re-evaluate what their ambitions are for the club

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I rate him too, you’ll be surprised to know! Put him in a better, more progressive team than Burnley, he’ll thrive more

The only thing thati do not like about Dwight McNeil is his inability to score or provide assists. Other than that he is brilliant

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I rate him too, you’ll be surprised to know! Put him in a better, more progressive team than Burnley, he’ll thrive more

To be fair Sir Gary, I don't think you rating a player is a surprise to a single VT er mate 😂

• Haha 2

I see a fanciful link of Piotr Zieliński To West Ham… Any serie a fans on here reckon he would be an attainable target and who would you rather have hypothetically out of Zieliński and Fabian Ruiz if discussing Napoli midfielders… 

31 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I see a fanciful link of Piotr Zieliński To West Ham… Any serie a fans on here reckon he would be an attainable target and who would you rather have hypothetically out of Zieliński and Fabian Ruiz if discussing Napoli midfielders… 

They are different players, Zielinski more of an attacking midfielder and Ruiz deeper.  Ruiz is the superior player but wants a monster contract at Napoli, Zielinski has maybe flattered to deceive most of his career but last 2 seasons have been very good especially the Covid season he got a lot of goals

Zielinski we might have a chance to sign but not Ruiz 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I'm a Napoli fan. Ruiz is the better player with a much higher ceiling. Zielinski runs hot and cold.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just messing mate.

Although, it seems Ten Haag has them flying.

As long as we give a good account of ourselves i'll be fine.

I think we will.

Who could have guessed a guy who is a system coach could get a better tune out of those players!

• Like 1

The most popular current links, that also make sense, given the speculation as to where we would want to add, are Sangare or Gallagher and de Tomas.

If we were to bring one of those midfielders in and de Tomas, would people (1) be happy and (2) think we should be aiming for top 8 with the squad that would give us?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

The most popular current links, that also make sense, given the speculation as to where we would want to add, are Sangare or Gallagher and de Tomas.

If we were to bring one of those midfielders in and de Tomas, would people (1) be happy and (2) think we should be aiming for top 8 with the squad that would give us?

If we brought in Sangare I would be much more confident that Gerrard will get top 8, a better manager would get top 8 anyway..

I don't think we need de Tomas.

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

If we brought in Sangare I would be much more confident that Gerrard will get top 8, a better manager would get top 8 anyway..

I don't think we need de Tomas.

We need Rodrigo De Paul 

7 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Yes to one of the midfield options (but also others out there who could do similar).  I haven't seen enough of de Tomas to make an informed view - but in the clips I have seen he seemed to play deeper than I would like.  I don't want our striker coming deep to get the ball off JJ or Sangare or McGinn or Luiz or whoever.  I don't want a striker chasing balls aimed in towards the corner flag.  I want a striker who is harrying the opposition centre backs, keeping them on their toes and looking for the gaps to time a run onto a through ball from Couts or Emi2 and / or working a swift 1-2 to allow Emi2 or JJ to break past him and have a chance at goal themselves.

I know others have mentioned it, but I’m starting to come round to the idea that a move for Timo Werner could be a good thing.

Under the right manager he could be excellent. His numbers for Leipzig and the German national team are still incredible.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I know others have mentioned it, but I’m starting to come round to the idea that a move for Timo Werner could be a good thing.

Under the right manager he could be excellent. His numbers for Leipzig and the German national team are still incredible.

Yup, I'd happily have him at Villa. His finishing seems cursed but a new scenery and some confidence and I think he could be fantastic. 

• Like 2