Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Rumors that Leicester have financial difficulties this summer

Yeah they've ascended to a level where plenty of their first teamers will be on over £100k a week.

You can't sustain that without qualifying for the Champions League or selling at the right time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

IMO-

Better than Bournmouth, Brighton, Palace, Everton, Fulham, Leeds, Newcastle, Forest, Soton and Wolves.

Worse than Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Man U, and Spurs.

The rest too close to call. 

Brentford and West Ham being the rest? West Ham, I'm not sure Antonio is better than Watkins/Ings. Bowen obviously best recent goalscoring record be not sure if I should have included I guess as more a wide forward? Plus no options behind that it seems.

Brentford again hard to call between Toney and Watkins/Ings, but we've better depth.

Arsenal. Jesus record is good but in a very good City side and with limited mins. Be interesting if being the main guy in a weaker side he still produces at same rate. After that, Nketiah maybe a year ahead of Archer? But then we've got one of Watkins/Ings second choice so they are probably closer to us than the others you think we are worse than.

Chelsea a funny one too becuase Werner hasn't really performed. I guess they'll be looking to sign someone else but don't look that strong at present.

Agree City, Utd, Liverpool, Spurs obviously way ahead and Leicester better too. Newcastle maybe close to us as well.

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Like us then...

Wes Edens (Net worth 4.3 Billion)

and Nassef Sawiris (Net worth 8.7 Billion) 

Laugh in the face of 100,000 per week. 

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

FFP though....

Doubt it's simply about " Wealth".

As Wolves owner ( Fosun) are worth something stupid like 50 bill ain't they?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Brentford and West Ham being the rest? West Ham, I'm not sure Antonio is better than Watkins/Ings. Bowen obviously best recent goalscoring record be not sure if I should have included I guess as more a wide forward? Plus no options behind that it seems.

Brentford again hard to call between Toney and Watkins/Ings, but we've better depth.

Arsenal. Jesus record is good but in a very good City side and with limited mins. Be interesting if being the main guy in a weaker side he still produces at same rate. After that, Nketiah maybe a year ahead of Archer? But then we've got one of Watkins/Ings second choice so they are probably closer to us than the others you think we are worse than.

Chelsea a funny one too becuase Werner hasn't really performed. I guess they'll be looking to sign someone else but don't look that strong at present.

Agree City, Utd, Liverpool, Spurs obviously way ahead and Leicester better too. Newcastle maybe close to us as well.

I really rate Antonio from what I've seen of him. Same for Toney, but I appreciate that your view. It's tricky in terms of depth. I chose not to think about depth in this case, as I figure some teams play with fewer strikers than others, but you could certainly make a case that  Everton, Soton, Spam and Wolves are pretty limited there. Especially the last two, who are an injury or two away from major problems.  

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

FFP though....

Doubt it's simply about " Wealth".

As Wolves owner ( Fosun) are worth something stupid like 50 bill ain't they?

FFP means nothing. Ask Barca. It's all accounting wiff waffery. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

People keep quoting this Barca stuff, but they’re trying to correct their financial mess by selling off future rights (all a bit weird, but hey!) whereas some English clubs are in huge debt but keep spending. 

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Not really.  Barca have an annual income of something approaching a billion.  It's just that they spend even more and have done for years, so just need to sort out all the old crap.

Debt isn't relevant, FFP is about spending what you bring in.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Not really.  Barca have an annual income of something approaching a billion.  It's just that they spend even more and have done for years, so just need to sort out all the old crap.

Debt isn't relevant, FFP is about spending what you bring in.

They may have higher revenue, but they still spend substantially more than they earn, and have done for years. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Barca are too big to fall, neither us nor Leicester are.

This is the key, the big boys can get away with it, because the Premier League as an organisation don't want to penalise the clubs who attract spectators and global audiences, else they bugger off to a Super League. 

We on the other hand can cite precedence in the way these guys are dealt with, and as a result the whole FFP thing is functionally useless. Every now and again the Football League will make an example of some unfashionable team, and dock them points. But there has not been (as far as I know, and I'm happy to be corrected) a Premier League points deduction for financial breaches. Everton have losses of £372M over the last three years, over the limit of £105M coverable by owner input. Spurs have losses of £150M over the last 2 years, and are in debt to the tune of £706M. Their year end is June, so when they post, and given that they have just had another net spend this summer of £150M they will be well over FFP. It's all a big farce. If Spurs and Everton don't get points deductions this season (and they won't) FFP is a massive pile of pants. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

The artificial ffp rules we are complying too will not..and no doubt we will have them enforced against us unlike the sky 6

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

The artificial ffp rules we are complying too will not..and no doubt we will have them enforced against us unlike the sky 6

See my follow up post. FFP is nonsense.