Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think the fact we kept Jack so long shows a positive rather than a negative. 

And honestly if Liverpool or City come knocking in say 4 years for Ramsey and we are not top 4, or close to it then it would be hard to deny him his opportunity.  But we would be hugely compensated for this.

Being a fan of a club and being ambitious tends to be mutually exclusive. If we were Champions League then Jack would have never left i am sure. 

You are one of the very lucky ones if you get to play for the club you love and support while winning trophies. 

You're proving my point.  To keep them, we need to be in the top 4.

So, get there, and do it quite quickly, or your acquisition of the best young talent in the market is just going to make you rich, rather than successful. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Don't see why Tielemans would remotely consider moving to us tbh. Surprised he hasn't been picked up already tbh. 

To be honest I thought that about Kamara, Digne and Coutinho but they are here.  Not saying he would either but we never know individuals motivations.

I’m also sure there are players that weren’t good enough that turned us down ie Rashica.

So depends on the players motivation, perception of Villa, how we sell it to him, his other options and a number of other factors but to date we have gotten players recently that twelve months ago I wouldn’t have thought possible.

13 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

What’s his name?

Reminds me of a Holte End chant from the late 60s, sung to the tune of "bye bye blackbird":). "What's his name? - Docherty, bye bye Blackburn" (or anyone else that we were playing)! Wouldn't say no, to signing someone as good as the player to his left during this window, he'd be just what we need.  

image.jpeg.658f77ad9976ca39ae1e9c034fc090f5.jpeg

• Like 2

Gourna-Douath, the 18yo Defensive Midfielder from Saint Etienne that I believe we were linked to last summer is going to RB Salzburg for 15m Euros. I think that's an Austrian league record signing. Will likely be sold for double the price by the time he's 21.

I do wonder if this means one of Salzburg's existing midfielders is off. Seiwald has just signed a new contract so I'm sure is staying. Sucic has had a few spurous links this window too. Most likely would be Mohamed Camara who is perhaps most similiar to Gourna-Douath out of the three - and could see him fitting in to a lot of Premier League starting sides. However, he might want to stay in the Champions League. One to watch...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

You're proving my point.  To keep them, we need to be in the top 4.

So, get there, and do it quite quickly, or your acquisition of the best young talent in the market is just going to make you rich, rather than successful. 

Yes and No. if you get big money for that talent and spend it wisely you can be successful. Look at Spurs and how much they kicked ok after selling Bale.  Liverpool after selling Coutinho. 

Nowt wrong with selling players if you get silly money and reinvest it all. Plenty of talent out there. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’re in a very honest mood today. 

I agree though. He should get a bigger move.

Why?

Did you say that about Kamara? Digne? Coutinho? I’d argue at least one or two are a bigger deal than he is and they came to us.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Why?

Did you say that about Kamara? Digne? Coutinho? I’d argue at least one or two are a bigger deal than he is and they came to us.

Fair point. I just wanted to agree with PieFace as he was being so honest. 

But you’re right, no reason he wouldn’t come to us if the offer was right for him.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1