Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

If it's Sanson vs Doug for an exit then it has to be Sanson going.

SG is going to want a squad which allows him to switch between a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1.  Dougie can play as a 6 in a double pivot and as an 8 on the left hand side of centre midfield, where as Sanson is more of an 8/10 on the right of the centre.

Ramsey (left CM) and McGinn (right CM) are both 8/10 kind of players, so it makes sense to keep Doug, offload Sanson and bring in another 6/8 like Sangere.

Nakamba would be an obvious departure in this scenario as well - but then maybe if he's on a low wage and we need someone who is happy to come on in the last 15 mins and help shut up shop, then he's worth keeping.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Also if you believe the rumours, both Otavio and Laimer are right of centre players - which tells me we're looking at replacing Sanson.

Or McGinn or Luiz

Or we’re trying to build a squad.

I like both Luiz and Sanson but Luiz is in his last year of his contract so I’d sell him (unless he signs a new deal) 

I’ll be interested to see Sanson link up with Kamara again. 

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Or McGinn or Luiz

Or we’re trying to build a squad.

I like both Luiz and Sanson but Luiz is in his last year of his contract so I’d sell him (unless he signs a new deal) 

I’ll be interested to see Sanson link up with Kamara again. 

I was just playing the Luiz vs Sanson game based on earlier comments.  In an ideal world I'd like us to keep both, but there's a myriad of factors involved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

At least 1 of Doug or Sanson needs to go, more so if we getting in one more. 

who are you culling 

just remembered, Marv should be on the list too

marv can go instead 

I think Davis and el ghazi will go so that would leave 1 space? 

2 minutes ago, dotcomsimon said:

I think Davis and el ghazi will go so that would leave 1 space? 

Yeah those are easy gonners, but we narrowed down to who should go from the midfield? Doug, Morg or Marv

Edited by CarryOnVilla

7 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I posted it because it was spookily similar to yours earlier! 

More likely that it was copied from here 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

That's twenty-six players, so one player over, and I think it's pretty obvious a number of those won't be with us next season, Steer, Guilbert, El Ghazi, Sanson and Davis will likely be playing elsewhere, then question marks still surrounding Luiz and Traore as well, there will be plenty of room for more new signings and our own academy players.

Pretty Sure Steer has a long term injury and won't be available until January 2023 at the earliest 

So if it’s between Villa and the Barcodes for Ibrahim Sangaré. 

I fancy our chances but to make sure, It’s time to send Stevie round to his house.. do the dishes, feed the dog, put the bins out.. you know the full charm offensive 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 1