Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

I would call it interesting not rubbish to be fair.  His profile is far more what we need than Otavio for instance. 

The last thing I’d call it is interesting!  I can’t comment on Otavio because I’ve only seen clips whereas I’ve watched RLC a lot over the years and it’s a big no from me.  

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I would call it interesting not rubbish to be fair.  His profile is far more what we need than Otavio for instance. 

That I agree with, his position and role is what we need

Just don't think the big step in quality is paired with we won't get value for money with him and Chelsea 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

FWIW I don't think RLC is a bad player I just don't think he's an automatic 38 game starter because he's so much better than what we have, I'd put him on par with mcginn, slightly better than Luiz, more developed / experienced than JJ but JJ has a much higher ceiling 

I think he comes and fights for a place 

And I think we need a level above that in terms of quality 

Pretty sure McGinn and Luiz wouldn't start as many matches for Chelsea as RLC did....

• Like 3

Just now, allani said:

Pretty sure McGinn and Luiz wouldn't start as many matches for Chelsea as RLC did....

The same people thinking we are too good for RLC probably were probably the ones thinking we were too good for Bentancur.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The same people thinking we are too good for RLC probably were probably the ones thinking we were too good for Bentancur.

No I'd have taken him every day of the week

And I wouldnt care about what money we were handing Juve 

RLC and Chelsea are different though 

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Pretty sure they also thought that we were too good for Paul McGrath with his dodgy knees.  Injury prone cast-offs from top teams never work out well.

55 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep

Even when I watched him for Chelsea I just don’t see enough from him to be a worthwhile investment for us.

To be fair the games I watched Bissouma in for Brighton last season he was mainly average but most fans would take him. 

Edited by WHY

RLC for some reason wouldn’t be an exciting signing but he would definitely walk into our midfield. There’s always the injury doubts and I don’t actually want us to sign him but he’s a massive upgrade on Mcginn. Seeing chambers come in and do so well as a bit of an arsenal reject makes me a bit more lenient towards these players coming from top clubs. Of course for every chambers there’s a Danny drinkwater though 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Or….stay with me…they just don’t think RLC is a purchase we should make.

🙄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hope it’s RLC now to wind a few up on here :)

You want to sign an average injury prone player to to piss off some Villa fans? 😳

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah I think he’s a good player. Pissing you lot off would be a bonus ;)

No need to worry though, Villa won’t be interested in him.