Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

17 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Adding validity to the link.

Mentions that Aribo, Soucek and Romagnoli are not of interest too. 

Assume it's near certain we'll loan him back to France. He's got 3 years left on his contract and a good loan spell is what's needed. We get a loan fee + his wages covered. He'll do great back in France if he stays fit

• Like 3

Just now, CVByrne said:

Assume it's near certain we'll loan him back to France. He's got 3 years left on his contract and a good loan spell is what's needed. We get a loan fee + his wages covered. He'll do great back in France if he stays fit

As long as it enables us to buy a shiny new CM, then that's fine with me. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

United have played 2 finals in 5 years plus a semi final. If they didnt care they wouldn't have had players like Bruno and Rashford playing nearly every Europa game 

West Ham dont have the depth but played Rice nearly every Europa game and even rested him for big Europa games

And they won one of them finals, and beaten in the other by a team that got further than them in the CL the following season. 

Rice is extremely overrated.

Edited by duke313

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Shame it didn't work out for him here. He'll defo benefit from playing regular football.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Whoscored has 1 appearance as DM and 33 in centre midfield 

Lens also play 3 at the back so dont play a recognised DM

Seems he has played in a 3 4 3, 3 4 1 2 and 3 5 2 system. 

When in a 3 4 3 he's marked down as CM on transfermarkt. When central in a 3 5 2 or as part of the double pivot in the 3 4 1 2 he's marked as a CDM. 

Anyway, doesn't matter what labels the sites give him. Kamara is better than Doucoure and they are very similar defensive minded players of same age from France. I'm sure we've signed the better one. 

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Shame it didn't work out for him here. He'll defo benefit from playing regular football.

It's a different situation to Traore. Who has 2 years left, is clearly talented and was a success in his first season with us and injury plagued him. Loaning Traore out doesn't make as much sense as it does Sanson. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Because most don't care about Europa, same as Italian teams.

I think this not caring about the Europa League is more or less gone now, or at least should be, that winning it guarantees you a number 1 seed in the draw for the champions league.

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Kamara is better than Doucoure and they are very similar defensive minded players of same age from France. I'm sure we've signed the better one. 

Doucoure a Mali international of course.

I said if we get a better midfielder than Doucoure I'll be pleased. I'll be pleased if we get one better than Sanson as well to be honest.

We're still shopping for one according to every single report.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Shown up or just beaten over 2 legs?

I'd say shown up when the English sides have often spent millions, and then the Spanish side dominates possession.

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Where you get that from? That’s 200k a week isnt it?

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He’s on nowhere near £200k per week

Site I saw said he is on 9.8 million a year until 2025

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'd say shown up when the English sides have often spent millions, and then the Spanish side dominates possession.

I reckon more clubs in the Premier League are trying a possession based game but the fans hate it. If VP anything to go by a few sideways or backwards passes and our fans go nuts. 

‘**** get it forward’!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1