Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I can’t see us getting anywhere near the top 6 next year to be honest. A couple more good signings and I think we can push for 7th but even that will be tough. 

Think we’d need two quality starters at least if we’re genuinely aiming for Europe. 

I agree, top 6 isn’t happening this year, the gatekeepers are keeping it well and truly locked. 

we are mincing it with the “best of the rest” for that 7th spot 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

They’ll be miles ahead of us if they sign those two. 

You say that but Raphinha plays in Saka's position, and Jesus scores less goals than Ollie Watkins. They will improve their squad for sure, but their first team line up is a best fractionally stronger.

Arsenal were miles ahead of us last season anyway. If just Kamara does well for us then we are already closer.

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Joshing aside, Levy has achieved a higher state of consciousness with this Winks deal

And I got ragged for saying we haven't sold Trez for enough. Trez has offered more in 2 seasons than Winks ever has and look at the difference in fees. We are so awful at selling players.

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Joshing aside, Levy has achieved a higher state of consciousness with this Winks deal

Had a look at the Winks thread on an Everton forum. They are not happy put it like that.

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

And I got ragged for saying we haven't sold Trez for enough. Trez has offered more in 2 seasons than Winks ever has and look at the difference in fees. We are so awful at selling players.

Well El Ghazi was the one to sell last summer. I wonder what we'd have accepted if say Everton had come in for him 12 months ago? Instead we just loaned him out to little effect and he could well go for less than Trez is or same amount.

6 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Let’s not get carried away. Winks ain’t great but he’s a much better player than Trez.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

We have far too many question marks over us to claim top six.  Our Attack for example, Coutinho is great but inconsistent. Buendia was starting to look decent. Bailey has had an injury nightmare. Watkiins is workman like, but not top draw. Ings looks past his best. This could all be turned on it's head, but so many questions. So long as we can build a strong base with Carlos, Kamara and another 6 that can play 8 i'll be happy. If we can add a young dynamic left back that can be Digne's successor in a 2 or 3 season i'll be very happy. Then we can work on the attack next summer, as all the players i mentioned deserve another season to show what they can do.

And on that we need someone from the likes of Juventus and Bayern for example of a top tier quality for that Central Mid role (No.8) and a forward proven somewhere in europe to take Ings spot and maybe we can push for top 7 but more changes would be needed to break top 6 😕 . Arsenal appear to be doing fantastic business 😒

23 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

We have far too many question marks over us to claim top six.  Our Attack for example, Coutinho is great but inconsistent. Buendia was starting to look decent. Bailey has had an injury nightmare. Watkiins is workman like, but not top draw. Ings looks past his best. This could all be turned on it's head, but so many questions. So long as we can build a strong base with Carlos, Kamara and another 6 that can play 8 i'll be happy. If we can add a young dynamic left back that can be Digne's successor in a 2 or 3 season i'll be very happy. Then we can work on the attack next summer, as all the players i mentioned deserve another season to show what they can do.

Great let’s aim for 10th.  If all we buy now is a back up left back, then I’m not sure what we are expecting for the season ahead, I assume another midtable consolidation.  I’m not sure that’s what the owners want or why Gerrard was brought in.  I won’t be happy if the above is it.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

And on that we need someone from the likes of Juventus and Bayern for example of a top tier quality for that Central Mid role (No.8) and a forward proven somewhere in europe to take Ings spot and maybe we can push for top 7 but more changes would be needed to break top 6 😕 . Arsenal appear to be doing fantastic business 😒

If we buy the right midfielder to make McGinn not an automatic first choice then our business will have been fantastic as well. I have a really good feeling about next season. Buendia Coutinho and Bailey. If 2 out of these 3 play to their potential for large parts of the season then our team is so much better . 

Tolisso on a free would be great if he is over his cruciate.  A proper player and one that would fit like a glove in the prem. 

Edited by MWARLEY2

Arsenal are always going to attract top players, no point in bemoaming that, if it wasn't for Chelsea and Man City takeovers they'd be third biggest team in the country. We just have to get as close to the top six as possible, put ourselves in a position where if any of them have an off season then we have an chance of taking advantage, and then in the longer team try and become one of them, turning the top six into a top seven.

I'm actually surprised that Arsenal are going for Raphinha, I don't think he was very good for Leeds in the second half of last season, and I don't think he's better than Sako. Jesus a good signing if it happens but all they're doing there is replacing Aubameyang.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

pixel-speech-bubble.gif

🕴️

Me to that idea

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886evb3osy0l5xcgu87oi

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Great let’s aim for 10th.  If all we buy now is a back up left back, then I’m not sure what we are expecting for the season ahead, I assume another midtable consolidation.  I’m not that’s what the owners want or why Gerrard was brought in.  I won’t be happy if the above is it.

I mentioned another midfielder as well as a left back. I didn't say we shouldn't aim high. Realistically though there is nothing to indicate top 6 is on the cards. 8th would be a good season. Top six would be a great season. Champions league would be dream land.

14 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If we buy the right midfielder to make McGinn not an automatic first choice then our business will have been fantastic as well. I have a really good feeling about next season. Buendia Coutinho and Bailey. If 2 out of these 3 play to their potential for large parts of the season then our team is so much better . 

Tolisso on a free would be great if he is over his cruciate.  A proper player and one that would fit like a glove in the prem. 

See this for me I dont see happening, rumours around McGinn is getting a new deal and will be captain

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

See this for me I dont see happening, rumours around McGinn is getting a new deal and will be captain

Heard nothing about that. Highly doubt he would be captain though. I think it will be Martinez 

33 minutes ago, useless said:

pixel-speech-bubble.gif

🕴️

Very much so. Played a key role in their route to a Champions League final. Something we can only dream of seeing.