Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, John said:

I hadn't realised that. He must leap like a salmon to win his aerial challenges! ;)

I want a leap like an Orca.😀

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I wouldn’t say no if we could get him at a good price. 

he’s probably a better 6 than an 8.  For Denmark he plays pretty well in an 8 like role 

He would be a good signing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I wouldn’t say no if we could get him at a good price. 

he’s probably a better 6 than an 8.  For Denmark he plays pretty well in an 8 like role 

yes.....all day long.....now we are talking.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Doubt spurs would sell. Central midfield is where they are probably weakest in depth and now they have champions league. Winks more likely to be sold but not sure anyone will want him.

I wouldn't have thought so.

3 hours ago, supermon said:

If Gerrard wants Bale on a 1 or 2 year contract, I wouldn't say no, Coutinho left, Buendia middle, Bale on the right. That would be a formidable attack. With Bailey waiting on the bench too.

Bale can also cover for striker. 

We dont play wide players 

6 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Doubt spurs would sell. Central midfield is where they are probably weakest in depth and now they have champions league. Winks more likely to be sold but not sure anyone will want him.

Also think they won't sell but... 

Pape Matar Sarr, Bentancur, Hojberg, Ndombele, Winks, Skipp, Lo Celso, Bissouma is hardly short on depth. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bose said:

Would Spurs really sell him? Thought he was exactly the kind of player Conte loves.

well he has him, Bentancur and Bissouma....all similar?

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Pape Matar Sarr, Bentancur, Hojberg, Ndombele, Winks, Skipp, Lo Celso, Bissouma is hardly short on depth. 

Also, don't forget that Harry Kane is the best center midfielder in the league. 

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

John.....A centre back 5'9?

don't they play any high balls in the Eridivise?

I wouldn't go near a centre back below 6 foot, in our League.:bang:

I'm gutted Arsenal haven't signed him.

Nobody tell Ballon Dor winner Fabio Cannavaro 

The only centre back to win the award in last 50 years or so

Hojberg is probably Tottenham's second best midfielder after Bentancur, although the reason he's being talked about is because there have been reports today from 'The Times' that they're willing to let him go, how true those reports are though I'm not sure.

• Like 1

Why are people rattling on about central defenders, we aren't going to sign another unless one of Mings or Konsa is sold. Konsa, Mings, Carlos, Chambers, Hause, and Feeney and Bogarde coming through, is plenty of options.

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Ndombele is being sold and Lo Celso spent the second half of the season out on loan, so is presumably also going to be sold. Winks is shit.

• Like 2

No, Winks is not "shit". He may not be good enough for what we need, but he's a Premier League footballer with plenty of first team experience in a 'Big Six' club. Just like none of our players are bad, some are just no longer deemed good enough for what we need now. A couple of years ago we would have happily signed someone like Winks and they would have improved our midfield.