Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I think last season taught me (and I’m mostly talking about Grealish and the Sam Lee debacle) that our ITK’s know nothing and the only people who have a slight indication are the more trusted Journalists (Collomoose, Percy, Ramano etc.).

This year they seem to be suggesting the focus is now a back up left back. If that’s the case I think people are going to be disappointed because they are expecting a world class number 8 and striker. The management team seem happy with ings and Watkins as our strikers, McGinn is likely to be captain next year and Ramsay is one of Gerrards favourites. So I’m more inclined to trust the journalists on this one. 

Although I’m massively in the camp of our starting XI is no where near good enough to compete with the likes of Arsenal/Spurs, I’m content that the signings we’ve made in the Gerrard era have been really good and we’re heading in the right direction. Think it’s gonna take time and patience.

Right, but those very same journalists have said on numerous occasions that we are after another CM, forward as well as a back up LB..

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I seriously doubt that Rory Wilson will be anywhere near the first team, he will probably start with the U18s with potential to move up to the U23s if he does well, he's the same age as Kadan Young, so not even first year scholar age until next season, last season playing for Rangers U18s he was playing a year up, most players his age would have still been playing U16 football.

If Archer goes out on loan it has crossed my mind we could potentially keep one of the other young strikers around, so either Barry, Young, or Caleb Chukwuemeka, as it would be nice to have one available to train with first team squad and to give game time to in cup competitions, which is kind of how Archer burst onto the scene last season.

So what you are saying is we should loan out Archer then play one of the less developed youth players instead?! If anything, barry, young and caleb all need to go on loan and archer needs integrating into the first team. 

• Like 2

Sometimes younger players are less in need of a loan than older youngsters,  as they've got more time to develop and can still play for the U23s, also as I quite clearly stated Barry, Caleb, Young or whoever would be used in cup games, they wouldn't have the exact same role that Archer would have if he stayed with the first team, as they're U23 players, whereas Archer shouldn't really be thought of in that way anymore, he turns twenty-one next season.

I would also suggest there's not as big of a gap between Archer and some of our other attackers that some seem to think, in fact I think it's probable that the club see some of our other academy attackers as having more potential.

Edited by useless

2 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

greeg evans says we are in advabced talks to sign ben mee

Thanks beachboys1, I’ve always rated him, I remember seeing him play for Man City in 2008 at Villa Park for the u18s. I think Kieran Trippier played in the same match. He’s a very underrated player for me

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

37 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

You’d imagine a starting striker, an upgrade to ollie and Ings will cost between 30-60 million. And then benches Ollie and Ings and forces a loan move for archer.

I think Archer will be loaned anyway.  Yeah, you would imagine a starting striker given the players, on the whole, are starters he’s buying.  As for the other two, it will depend if he plays one or two upfront, it was a bit of a mix at the end of season.  In that situation, having 3 strikers sounds about right.

40 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I just see it being spent elsewhere atm.

Hmmm, not sure.  We aren’t likely to buy just one more player, so a couple of positions, therefore for me a striker is within those few priorities of positions we need upgrading.  I think it’s a weakness in our team at the moment.

I guess it’s just fans differing views of what is needed.

45 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I suppose if we sell Davis, traore, trez and Ghazi we’ve lost a lot of attacking options so maybe there’s a need for it 

We need to sell those anyway, I’m not sure if they stayed they add much at the level Gerrard wants anyway.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks beachboys1, I’ve always rated him, I remember seeing him play for Man City in 2008 at Villa Park for the u18s. I think Kieran Trippier played in the same match. He’s a very underrated player for me

You are kidding right? Ben Mee? 

47 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Right, but those very same journalists have said on numerous occasions that we are after another CM, forward as well as a back up LB..

I could see us doing something in those other areas for sure, but someone like Ox and a Suarez type figure (don’t think it’ll be Suarez) 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ok, not sure many will agree on here.  He’s an awful footballer at this level.

Not sure he’s that bad player as such but I wouldn’t want him after the Wesley tackle.

• Like 1