Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd rather us just bring Archer back ( In addition to Ollie and Ings ) and stick with what we've got.

We've got other areas where money could be better spent IMO.

We should aim higher

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The great bastion of truth, sportbible.

Hasn’t it been reported that we’re paying Kamara over 200k per week and we think we’re going to pay Philippe Coutinho less?

It has been reported in every media outlet. Who gives a shit anyway?
Never understood the obsession with wages. If the club are happy to pay it, then it has F all to do with us.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

I think I’ll put my trust in our multi billionaire owners concerning the clubs finances.Speculating and worrying over player’s wages is totally futile and pointless.They don’t become billionaires by being careless with money.

If you really want to reduce it to such basic terms, then Nas became a billionaire by inheritance. Same as Randy Lerner.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

You're most likely right but I just want to air my opinion that any manager would be foolish to overlook a formation just because it's not what they've done previously. 

Of course. It is just a bit of a running joke in the tactics/gerrard threads. I am quite the fan of the 4231 that was in vogue not long ago.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

I think I’ll put my trust in our multi billionaire owners concerning the clubs finances.Speculating and worrying over player’s wages is totally futile and pointless.They don’t become billionaires by being careless with money.

They're not deciding any signings or salaries of course, but I trust them as well. Doesn't mean people won't post about it on a discussion forum.

If it came out we were paying anyone £200k a week, I'd think that would be pretty daft.

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

I know and I don't really give a shit.

I just think it's ridiculous when people try to shut down an opinion because billionaire's can never be wrong. Despite the numerous examples of billionaire's in football **** shit up beyond belief.

I agree with that too :)

Its akin to saying that we should not comment on the football as Gerrard has done it all himself and we haven't 

33 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Because if the player on £200k is shit, it will hurt the team. We won't be able to move them on, and we won't be able to sign anyone for much money as we can't afford it.

That's why people care. That's why they want signings to be thought through fully.

What signings haven’t been fully thought through? 

52 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The great bastion of truth, sportbible.

Hasn’t it been reported that we’re paying Kamara over 200k per week and we think we’re going to pay Philippe Coutinho less?

That's a bad source, Percy said it too and he's usually accurate: https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1524827384863764485?cxt=HHwWisC9qa-bo6kqAAAA

Kamara definitely isn't on over 200K per week, maybe 150-170K which would only be slightly more than Coutinho. Was reported we paid him a large signing on fee though.

11 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I know and I don't really give a shit.

I just think it's ridiculous when people try to shut down an opinion because billionaire's can never be wrong. Despite the numerous examples of billionaire's in football **** shit up beyond belief.

Surely it depends on the particular billionaires involved. From what we have learnt about NSWE, in the way that they have run the club since their arrival, I’d think it’s fair to say that they have earned a pretty large chunk of trust with regards to ownership and the running of a big English football club. The fact that one of the first business appointments they made was to appoint Purslow as CEO, one of the architects of FFP, I would have thought tells us that they are pretty astute businessmen themselves. 

10 minutes ago, jim said:

What signings haven’t been fully thought through? 

Anyone being paid £200k a week of course. Grealish was probably worth that to us, no one else.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Because if the player on £200k is shit, it will hurt the team. We won't be able to move them on, and we won't be able to sign anyone for much money as we can't afford it.

That's why people care. That's why they want signings to be thought through fully.

The problem is we never know the truth we only know what the bullshitters in the media tell us

I get that people care but at the same time how can some be so invested (ie angry) over something that we dont really know or understand 

All our signings are fully thought through, that thought process isn't disclosed to fans though 

15 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

That's a bad source, Percy said it too and he's usually accurate: https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1524827384863764485?cxt=HHwWisC9qa-bo6kqAAAA

Kamara definitely isn't on over 200K per week, maybe 150-170K which would only be slightly more than Coutinho. Was reported we paid him a large signing on fee though.

Surely Coutinho is the highest paid player here now, I mean I could be wrong but why would he accept 150k per week if we’re then going to give more to others?

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Surely Coutinho is the highest paid player here now, I mean I could be wrong but why would he accept 150k per week if we’re then going to give more to others?

I don't know but lots of sources reported it, it's probably because he didn't want to go back to Barca, had a good relationship with Gerrard, and simply wanted to play. Coutinho is still in the top 3 earners at the club even if Kamara is the highest paid (which is only speculation, no one actually knows).

Kamara was only paid so much because: 1) we got him on a free; and 2) he's only 22 and if all goes to plan he will be one of the best midfielders in Europe in 2-3 years. While Coutinho is a great player, he's also getting on (30 tomorrow) and has already earnt a fortune in his career so far.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

West ham have better strikers than us. Ings was mainly poor last year and watkins was poor in comparison to his 1st season. I dont think neither can take us to next level. One has to be sold and a top class forward needs to come in. 

Antonio? There’s very little between him and our strikers. I’m taking Ollie over him 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

We have a wage structure now which is max 125k base + bonuses for every position we finish in the league from 14th upwards (that might be revised up in new contracts though given we should be top half team going forward).

I'd say only Coutinho is on 125k, Ings is 120k and I'd say Kamara was paid a signing on fee and is probably on 100k or so wages.