Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Some reports that we would sell Ings with Brighton favourites. I would still look to do this - for the same reasons as I wouldn't have signed him i.e. he is injury prone. He hasn't looked great this last season and this is probably the last chance we have to get value for him. I would sell for the £20m mooted - if Brighton or a newly promoted club would pay that - and re-invest in someone like Broja or Brereton Diaz who have been quoted at £25m? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Could this be used as leverage for Bassey? A year at Rangers and some European football may be a good option for Archer

Needs to play at a higher level than the SPL. 4 games against Celtic and 6 European games a season will probably be the only challenging games for him. Much rather him go to one of the Championship teams

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Needs to play at a higher level than the SPL. 4 games against Celtic and 6 European games a season will probably be the only challenging games for him. Much rather him go to one of the Championship teams

15 played last season.

13 played season before.

10 year before that (not including qualifying rounds).

Advanced to knock out stages each season. One of which beaten finalists. 

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Fair enough,  but you still haven't answered which striker in that range is coming to us? Nunez is not a valid response, he's off to Liverpool or a club of that ilk.

Well ill admit it isn't easy to find but there are a fair few that will be out there… i hope he goes somewhere else in europe and not to improve one of the great clubs here

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Haha multiple people have pulled you up but you still can't see it.

You said Chelsea/Arsenal would kill to have Ollie/Ings in their teams. When someone pointed out that they may not want them due to already having high profile strikes (and the ability to sign them) you asked "And how is that working out for them?". In response myself and others have pointed out that Ollie/Ings haven't "worked out" well for us therefore calling into question why these teams would "kill" for them as you said.

I am sorry that I had to do this.

Oh no, not MULTIPLE PEOPLE disagreeing with me, won't somebody think of the children 😵

Chelsea and Arsenal would kill to have Ollie and Ings over what they have now. It isn't that deep that you need to invent an entire mythology around such a simple statement. 

• Like 2

Memphis Depay 🤔 barca are letting him leave apparently… would that be out of our scope or ?? .. and would you guys want him. I really want Lautaro Martinez (Inter) but that is definitely dreaming 

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Agreed. Looking at transfer activity since SG arrived the aim is for new signings to improve the first XI - where that’s possible (there’s no improving on Martinez & Chambers provides capable cover for two positions, but generally). 

If we go into the market for a striker it would logically be for an upgrade on Ings & Watkins - a difficult and expensive business. SG stated many times last season that our finishing wasn’t good enough so it seems likely he wants another option.  Point is, I don’t think he’ll be relying on Archer in any scenario, so no harm in letting him progress at PNE.

Spot on and i agree the market is hard is that department in the forward area

18 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Some reports that we would sell Ings with Brighton favourites. I would still look to do this - for the same reasons as I wouldn't have signed him i.e. he is injury prone. He hasn't looked great this last season and this is probably the last chance we have to get value for him. I would sell for the £20m mooted - if Brighton or a newly promoted club would pay that - and re-invest in someone like Broja or Brereton Diaz who have been quoted at £25m? 

Zero chance anyone offers £20m for Ings.

Maybe  £6-8m.

• Like 1

If we sell Davis (which is likely), how would people feel about starting the season with just Watkins, Ings and Archer (if he doesn’t go out again on loan) as our striker options?

Personally, I think we need another one.  Who that is I don’t know but plenty to choose from I imagine, ie Richarlison, Jesus, Isak, David, Depay, Kean, Barbosa, Jovic, Bellotti etc. Most have been discussed on here already but are there any others that may interest us?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Selling him to Brighton would be a terrible move. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

If we sell Davis (which is likely), how would people feel about starting the season with just Watkins, Ings and Archer (if he doesn’t go out again on loan) as our striker options?

Personally, I think we need another one.  Who that is I don’t know but plenty to choose from I imagine, ie Richarlison, Jesus, Isak, David, Depay, Kean, Barbosa, Jovic, Bellotti etc. Most have been discussed on here already but are there any others that may interest us?

I think we can go with it and look again in January.

Dream, achievable signing would be Guedes from Valencia.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Oh no, not MULTIPLE PEOPLE disagreeing with me, won't somebody think of the children 😵

Chelsea and Arsenal would kill to have Ollie and Ings over what they have now. It isn't that deep that you need to invent an entire mythology around such a simple statement. 

I agree Arsenal would.

Watkins hit what 12 goals this season?

Ings if given a game time and starts is deadly imo.

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

Someone will look at his goal contributions this season and think he's actually good and will pay the money for him.

I don't think so.

Most teams who can afford the £18m we'd probably want plus £125k a week wouldn't want him IMO.

7 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I'd only want an upgrade on what we have and that entire list (except Jesus who would want CL I'd imagine) are worse than Watkins and Ings or at the very best similar. 

The problem that we have re: strikers is that to upgrade on what we have we need to move into the £50m + category, and I don't think the need is that great for our owners to sanction smashing our xfer record for it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Selling him to Brighton would be a terrible move. 

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Someone will look at his goal contributions this season and think he's actually good and will pay the money for him.

I do think he'd be quite good for Brighton though!

They make loooads of chances and usually just miss them. If he finds his shooting boots, 20 goals are there for him.

Could say the same for us, but we've haven't shown the consistent chance creation they have yet.