Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

43 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Do we even really NEED to sign anyone else? If yes, for which positions? 

Backup LB as we have nobody to deputise Digne other than Hause. Same issue we were in last year so we need to fix it. Digne already had time out injured so we need an option.

A striker or wide forward if we continue to play 2 up top. Watkins Ings and Archer isn't enough if we want to continue developing Archer in a sensible way and want to improve our goal scoring to last season.

Those are our needs. Another CM would be nice to haves if we sell others.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Just spoke to a few West Ham fans in the building I work in, they don't want to sell Sonny Perkins they rate him very highly and they think he could have a 'Rice' type of breakthrough. They also think they wont spend a lot of money this summer unless they sell a few on, their owners are apparently pocketing most of their profits and not putting it back into the club. (It explains why they value Rice so high)

And lol they reckon 11th next season will be realistic for us lol.

52 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I was thinking Dwight McNeil would be a very good replacement for the likes of Trezeguet and AEG. 

I was thinking that the money in the bank and off the payroll would be a good replacement for Trez & AEG

52 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We are a couple of injuries from the same team as last season, if u are happy with last season's team we don't need anyone. If you want to push for Europe we need a LB, a CDM and a striker

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I think the recruitment team have visions of 90s Brazil when they bring players in. We seem to recruit a lot of promising young attacking players but don't have the same quality in defence. 

Huh?  What about Chrisene (From Exeter - League One experience), Bogarde (From Feynoord), Swinkels (From SBV Vitesse), Feeney (From Fleetwood - England U16 captain), and Kerr Smith (from Dundee - SPL experience)?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Looking confused there @KMitch or is that your usual expression.

Very much so when I'm reading VillaTalk...  McNeil is the most Martin O'Neill signing ever...  English, overrated, and overpriced.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought it didn't make sense, as someone who's already playd for West Ham's first team he'd probably want to be part of our first team squad, we've already got Archer as young striker that could potentially take that role. Someone like Reyes Cleary would make more sense as a youngster that could into our U23s and play upfront, that's if we're going to bring someone in, would be nice to see Shakpoke stay injury free and get a run of games.

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

We don’t NEED to ever sign anybody. The problem is, we’re a football club trying to make it into Europe so in that sense, yes, we do NEED to sign more players. 

Really like what I’ve read and the look of Sergio Gomez as left back. Easy deal to get done one would imagine.

And how about a cheeky swop bid of offering Barca Douglas Luiz for Nico Gonzalez … 😁 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The only Burnley player I’d take is Cornet 

He has looked good at times but he has also looked fairly poor. I haven't seen enough of him play but from what I have seen he would not be a player I would go for. He missed a few sitter in the last few games which could have kept Burnley up

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Really like what I’ve read and the look of Sergio Gomez as left back. Easy deal to get done one would imagine.

And how about a cheeky swop bid of offering Barca Douglas Luiz for Nico Gonzalez … 😁 

I would like that but I think Barca see Nico as part of their future and won't let him leave

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Gonzalez isnt for sale. Mendes pulled strings so is staying