Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I've wondered if we might go for Rico Richards from West Brom, one of their better academy products, similar age to Barry and Iroegbunam, so would be one for the U23s, also plays as a No.10, so would suit us if we want the younger age groups to play same system as first team, off the top of my head I don't think we have any real No.10s in our U23 team or U18s, which might be why we've been linked to Sonny Perkins.

Whether we sign Richards or not, probably not, I think there's a good chance we will be making a few signings similar to the Iroegbunam transfer from last summer, as once you take away the players likely to be released, players likely to go out on loan, then there are probably going to be gaps in the U23 team that will need filling.

I don't know of the kid but if we take him from The Baggies the fun factor is enough of a return even if he doesn't work out as a player

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

There's also the notion of actually using Morgan Sanson, which could make him the proverbial like a new signing. As far as #8's go, he was pretty highly rated.

Just don’t think Gerrard rates him. Maybe it will change with Critchley? From what I’ve seen he should be an asset for us.

Glad we’re not pursuing any deal for Phillips. He has been ruined by Bielsa’s high intensity play and will probably get regular injuries for the rest of his career now.

Definitely need a number 8. If anyone can identify a quality CM to boss our midfield it’s Gerrard.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2022 at 18:28, barry'sboots said:

It's clear what we need:

• to offload dead wood (Trez, AEG, Targett and probably BT); and
  • bring in Bissouma, or equivalent, Hickey and a reserve keeper (unless Olsen is staying). Sign up Phillipe if he performs.

Any more depends upon who else leaves and/or how the kids on loan make out and whether Chukgoalmaker signs up.

At the minute, I would probably look to move on Ings - I just don't see him fitting with Stevie G's tactics. Replacements depend, to an extent, upon both ffp headroom and how Archer and Davis perform.

in terms of upgrades, I would look at Mings. But it would need to be a leader to replace him.

Realistically this is just the tip of the iceberg! ….. we need to drop mcginn to the bench or sell him( do not wanna see him running around every game next season, drop luiz to the bench, sell hause,nakamba,traore, el ghazi, trez and Ings.. bring in a solid cm to replace mcginn and a new assassin up front and a full back. Watkins/coutinho/ buendia all in rotation in those positions just behind the main striker

Martinez

Cash        Carlos         Mings/Konsa     Digne

Kamara

New 8               Ramsey

Watkins           Coutinho

New St

bench

1.Olsen

2. Mings/konsa

3. New fullback or young

4. Buendia

5.Mcginn

6.Luiz

7. Archer

Edited by RicRic

33 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Realistically this is just the tip of the iceberg! ….. we need to drop mcginn to the bench or sell him( do not wanna see him running around every game next season, drop luiz to the bench, sell hause,nakamba,traore, el ghazi, trez and Ings.. bring in a solid cm to replace mcginn and a new assassin up front and a full back. Watkins/coutinho/ buendia all in rotation in those positions just behind the main striker

Martinez

Kamara

New St

bench

1.Olsen

2. Mings/konsa

3. New fullback or young

4. Buendia

5.Mcginn

6.Luiz

7. Archer

Luiz will be gone.

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

If we go into the new season with the same midfield + Kamara I'd not just be worried but i'd be very very worried.

100% agree.  If we want to progress then we need another midfielder so that McGinn and JJ are competing for the 3rd place in the centre of the park.  If we only sign Kamara it is a MASSIVE ask of a young lad to solve all our midfield issues on his own in his first season in the PL.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, allani said:

100% agree.  If we want to progress then we need another midfielder so that McGinn and JJ are competing for the 3rd place in the centre of the park.  If we only sign Kamara it is a MASSIVE ask of a young lad to solve all our midfield issues on his own in his first season in the PL.

100% agree too

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And if that’s the case, fine, but don’t keep up with the soundbites of competing for Europe and challenging at the top end of the table.

We sign one more player then we may challenge for 8th. I can’t realistically see us competing for Europe when the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and United will all be strengthening on top of what they have. 

I can’t be critical of our window to date, we’ve been brilliant considering it hasn’t even opened yet (!), but I’d be disappointed if the majority of our business was done. We desperately need another central midfielder and probably a forward player as a minimum. 

100% agree

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We have the entire window to get 1 CM, 1 forward and possibly a LB. That's all I reckon we need for next season. I think we got this.

I hope you’re right mate, but I’ve found myself thinking along those lines with regards to a centre mid for the last two windows and it hasn’t happened. 

We simply have to get another one in. 

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I hope you’re right mate, but I’ve found myself thinking along those lines with regards to a centre mid for the last two windows and it hasn’t happened. 

We simply have to get another one in. 

We absolutely needed a DM, and we got one of the most highly rated ones in Europe before the window even opened. I trust Gerrard will get this position of the pitch right at least.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We absolutely needed a DM, and we got one of the most highly rated ones in Europe before the window even opened. I trust Gerrard will get this position of the pitch right at least.

Well, yes, agreed, but Kamara needs someone alongside him who’s better than McGinn and/or Ramsey. I hope we bring that player in, in this window. 

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Martinez

Kamara

New St

bench

1.Olsen

2. Mings/konsa

3. New fullback or young

4. Buendia

5.Mcginn

6.Luiz

7. Archer

If ollies not up top he’s not starting wide over Buendia for me. No chance at all, he’s not good enough on the ball

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

If ollies not up top he’s not starting wide over Buendia for me. No chance at all, he’s not good enough on the ball

Then we will need to take his place on the bench

31 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Did we not just sign a DM 🤨