Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

There is a gathering bit of media momentum that McGinn will be off to Spurs. If we could squeeze 40m+ out of Levy it would give us a few quid for an interesting replacement

40m????

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886pbanb91pquglr7j78h

we getting a pat on the back and a Josh Onamah at best 

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

would Targett be reasonable backup for Digne this season?

c) showed poor character and bottled the fight for his place

You've answered your own question

He's not fighting for his place, he's back up, there is no fight, Digne is starting every game he's fit and healthy 

So the answer is no, Targett doesn't want that, he wants to play and he's not going to here 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

40m????

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886pbanb91pquglr7j78h

we getting a pat on the back and a Josh Onamah at best 

I would normally agree with that but Conte has got Levy exactly where he wants him. The fans love Conte and he has delivered Champions League football. Levy is going to be forced to open the cheque book or Conte will walk. This could benefit us

10 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I would normally agree with that but Conte has got Levy exactly where he wants him. The fans love Conte and he has delivered Champions League football. Levy is going to be forced to open the cheque book or Conte will walk. This could benefit us

Conte is the reason why he wont be signing for Spurs, he wants 90 minutes fitness machines in his centre midfield like Barella, Kante or Vidal or technical players like Pirlo, Brozovic

McGinn fits none of these roles

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Conte is the reason why he wont be signing for Spurs, he wants 90 minutes fitness machines in his centre midfield like Barella, Kante or Vidal or technical players like Pirlo, Brozovic

I wonder how many rolls can fit in to McGinn

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, osmark86 said:

I remember telling someone in Birmingham I was from Sweden and he got all excited because he thought I was from Swindon where he had family.

I remember explaining to a Charlton fan in a pub in Southend (sic) I was with the Norwegian Aston Villa Supporters Club, which he somehow heard as the Norwegian Defence League. He was unsettlingly excited as well 🧐

Edited by El Zen
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Interesting how different people see games, McGinn has plenty of shortcomings, but ive always consider him to be an extremely hard working player, who just never stops running.

Would love to see some running stats, was unable to find any myself, anyone have any?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

McGinn isn't going anywhere...  He was statistically our best performer last season and a nailed on starter regardless of who was the manager.  Dennis from Solihull will tell you he's shit, but he's the last person I would bet on leaving this summer.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KMitch said:

McGinn isn't going anywhere...  He was statistically our best performer last season and a nailed on starter regardless of who was the manager.  Dennis from Solihull will tell you he's shit, but he's the last person I would bet on leaving this summer.  

For me, every single player at Villa has a price, there is not one player I would object to leaving. If the price is right I am confident that the recruitment team can work the market to improve us as we trade players

32 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

For me, every single player at Villa has a price, there is not one player I would object to leaving. If the price is right I am confident that the recruitment team can work the market to improve us as we trade players

Sorry Peter while I'll agree with you that there is not one player I would object to leaving, from everything we have heard from the club it seems that Gerrard loves SJM and is one of the first players on the team sheet.  I have no issue with keeping him or selling him but I dont think SJM will be leaving this summer even if a big bid came in and I'm not sure £40m would be enough to tempt Gerrard despite being a huge price for him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Sorry Peter while I'll agree with you that there is not one player I would object to leaving, from everything we have heard from the club it seems that Gerrard loves SJM and is one of the first players on the team sheet.  I have no issue with keeping him or selling him but I dont think SJM will be leaving this summer even if a big bid came in and I'm not sure £40m would be enough to tempt Gerrard despite being a huge price for him.

Really? I reckon 30m+ and he’s gone. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No need to disagree. I also think Gerrard likes SJM and I can't see him leaving this window. I also can't see Spurs going for him either. My post was just for Sid's benefit as it was a rumour in the media about an outgoing player and Sid was saying he was looking for rumours about outgoing players. I was just speculating what Gerrard would do with 40m to replace SJM. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The price is the difficult one. What would we want for him and what would other clubs be prepared to pay. I would say we would want a premium, hence my 40m comment, I would expect other clubs would value him closer to 30m. But if we did get a sizeable offer in I am sure CP would like to seem him sold as it would a very large profit to register on our accounts. 

54 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not a chance in my mind!  Gerrard loves him, 3 years left on his contract and 27 years old.  I don’t think he’s going anywhere anyway but at 30m, not a chance.  I think some people love him, some don’t and these opinions affect how much they think he’s worth but I don’t think translates to market value for him.

Edited by nick76