Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

What has actually happened to Kean, he was supposed to be the next big thing coming out of Italy and it just hasn't worked for him? 

From his stats it looks like he had a real solid season at PSG but everywhere else it's been meh. 

He's still only 22 though so he obviously has a lot of time on his side.

57 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

To me, it suggests we’re in for Moise Kean and maybe using using Dougie as a part exchange. 

to be honest I ain’t got a clue 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867hecc7w7lp5ljt6n7v

This would just be a terrible, terrible deal. Hard no from me. Kean is terrible, no better than what we have.

There is also nobody at Juve that would be both

A) Available and

B ) Right for us.

Really hope this isn't true.

Maybe Weston McKennie again? But we have enough 8s, suppose it wouldn't be the worst change to sell Dougie and get McKennie on a longer deal. But he's similar in that he's a defensive minded 8 but not a physical, brutish DM and he'd be worse than Dougie in terms of passing and as an attack-minded 8.

I could maybe get round McKennie coming in to replace Dougie but I don't think any swaps with Juve make sense for us. 

(Disclaimer: obviously some of their players are well above our station, but I'm not including those bigger names or squad wingers that wouldn't suit our system)

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

To me, it suggests we’re in for Moise Kean and maybe using using Dougie as a part exchange. 

to be honest I ain’t got a clue 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867hecc7w7lp5ljt6n7v

Judging from some of the responses, it seems like the guy breaking the story is a sh*t source so thankfully it's likely to be BS.

47 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

If we do sell Davis to Forest or whoever and replace him with Kean, it’s clearly an upgrade and Kean is two years younger. 

Moise Kean 2 Premier League goals in 32 games

Davis 1 Premier League goal in 34 games

Not really seeing the clearer upgrade not to mention Davis offers more on and off the ball

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

What has actually happened to Kean, he was supposed to be the next big thing coming out of Italy and it just hasn't worked for him? 

From his stats it looks like he had a real solid season at PSG but everywhere else it's been meh. 

He's still only 22 though so he obviously has a lot of time on his side.

Can't get involved in play, doesn't try hard enough.

He'll score a few goals. 5 in 12 apps for Juve isn't awful. But his all round game is bad.

He's like Balotelli-lite. He's nowhere near as bad attitude wise. He cares and he can control himself, he just doesn't apply himself as a top level player should. He's also nowhere near as talented as Balotelli was.

He may resurrect his career and come good for somebody. But he's had opportunities at Juve (x2), Everton, PSG and the Italian national team and not made good on his promise.

Coming through at Juve meant he was highly rated from the off. Had he come through somewhere else he'd have tailed off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Moise Kean 2 Premier League goals in 32 games

Davis 1 Premier League goal in 34 games

Not really seeing the clearer upgrade not to mention Davis offers more on and off the ball

I honestly can’t see Davis playing for PSG or Juventus anytime soon, so the upgrade is clear to see. 

I do, however think there's something dodgy with his ownership.

To sign for Everton, perform awfully and somehow get loan moves to PSG and Juve is bloody weird. How often do either of those clubs loan players? And if they do loans, how often are they failed strikers from midtable Prem clubs?

If this somehow happens, it matches nothing of the strategy of the club and there'll be a dodgy agent behind it imo. (I.e. Everton favourite, Kia Joorabchian)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

To sign for Everton, perform awfully and somehow get loan moves to PSG and Juve is bloody weird. How often do either of those clubs loan players? And if they do loans, how often are they failed strikers from midtable Prem clubs?

If this somehow happens, it matches nothing of the strategy of the club and there'll be a dodgy agent behind it imo. (I.e. Everton favourite, Kia Joorabchian)

I agree on this. 

He's Mino Raiola's client to be fair they will be able to find a decent club for someone playing in the Ryman league. Their clients always get decent moves.

• Like 1

Didn't juve sell him to Everton solely because they needed the money for FFP? 

PSG got him in as a body along with florenzi and danilo

Not sure why Juve took him back this year but they currently have 4 players on loan, all the top Italian teams have loans and loan to buys etc

No doubt there's something dodgy about him being moved around playing the FFP numbers 

• Like 1

Carlos Soler 👀🤐 only seen one link but that would be incredible and absolutely no no no to moise kean. However we do need a top clinical striker in at bodymoor before the end of play, that would mark a very refreshing window. Mings or konsa has to go along with mcginn unless mcginn is happy for the bench… and just reading that we had an interest in Milner… do we look like a newly promoted team we certainly shouldn’t be linked with that kind of player now surely that would be a red flag signing if we did 

Edited by RicRic

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Carlos Soler 👀🤐 only seen one link but that would be incredible and absolutely no no no to moise kean. However we do need a top clinical striker in at bodymoor before the end of play, that would mark a very refreshing window. Mings or konsa has to go along with mcginn unless mcginn is happy for the bench

Would be a good signing definitely, he's fully moved into CM now? I remember he used to play out wide before. 

Where is this link? 👀