Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm hoping Newcastle will spend a stupid amount of time trying to compete with the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal et Al for overly ambitious targets. ( This wouldn't surprise me )

Miss out on all of them, then go for the tier under, hopefully by then we will have signed our targets. Then they can just gazump everybody else around us for theirs. Lol

But I think if we have similar targets then the agents might wait for Newcastle to buy first 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But I think if we have similar targets then the agents might wait for Newcastle to buy first 

I find myself thinking so what? They are going to F everything up this summer anyway.

I'm pretty much depressed at what is going on, everything was so positive.

Edited by paul514

We have to scout better, put the deals away* and develop youngsters that Newcastle don't spot and don't want to have the time for because they want instant success

Whats changed? That's the same as it was with the sky 6

* alvarez still pisses me off that we didn't pull it off 😂 no doubt it was his decision though, I wonder if Coutinho on our books would give us that extra bit of profile and pull and land a big south American young talent, would alvarez have come here if we had coutinho last summer? But in the papers we went for him before man city, got to keep doing that 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We have to scout better, put the deals away* and develop youngsters that Newcastle don't spot and don't want to have the time for because they want instant success

Whats changed? That's the same as it was with the sky 6

* alvarez still pisses me off that we didn't pull it off 😂 no doubt it was his decision though, I wonder if Coutinho on our books would give us that extra bit of profile and pull and land a big south American young talent, would alvarez have come here if we had coutinho last summer? But in the papers we went for him before man city, got to keep doing that 

If Marcelo Gallardo was our manager Alvarez would now be a Villa player I have no doubt about that.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

Pretty much this. Its why I would be more comfortable if Lange had more say on manager and players

How do you know he doesn't? Or are you just making stuff up in your head again?

As already stated, the transfer policy hasn't changed since Smith was here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Martinez / Olsen

Defence

Cash / Chambers

New CB / Konsa

Mings / Hause

Digne / Hickey

Midfield

McGinn / Sanson

Bissouma / Nakamba

Ramsey /  New CM

Attack

Coutinho / Buendia

Ings / Bailey

Watkins / Archer

New CF / Young

Anyone not listed is sold unless they're youth players who go on loan. That's a 25 man squad when you add in the 3rd keeper. 

Bissouma / Hickey hopefully can get signed. While the other new CM should be experienced head. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Martinez / Olsen

Defence

Cash / Chambers

New CB / Konsa

Mings / Hause

Digne / Hickey

Midfield

McGinn / Sanson

Bissouma / Nakamba

Ramsey /  New CM

Attack

Coutinho / Buendia

Ings / Bailey

Watkins / Archer

New CF / Young

Anyone not listed is sold unless they're youth players who go on loan. That's a 25 man squad when you add in the 3rd keeper. 

Bissouma / Hickey hopefully can get signed. While the other new CM should be experienced head. 

That would be eight players to fill out the front three?

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Martinez / Olsen

Defence

Cash / Chambers

New CB / Konsa

Mings / Hause

Digne / Hickey

Midfield

McGinn / Sanson

Bissouma / Nakamba

Ramsey /  New CM

Attack

Coutinho / Buendia

Ings / Bailey

Watkins / Archer

New CF / Young

No place for KKH in your squad? He’s been out on loan, done very well, and now deserves his chance.

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That would be eight players to fill out the front three?

Well Young is a utility player. I put him with the front 3.

Archer is a youth player who can go on loan again in January if he needs more game time.

So that leave 6 senior attacking players really

1 hour ago, PerryBarrPet said:

No place for KKH in your squad? He’s been out on loan, done very well, and now deserves his chance.

No, he gets a season long loan to the Championship to continue his progression

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Martinez / Olsen

Defence

Cash / Chambers

New CB / Konsa

Mings / Hause

Digne / Hickey

Midfield

McGinn / Sanson

Bissouma / Nakamba

Ramsey /  New CM

Attack

Coutinho / Buendia

Ings / Bailey

Watkins / Archer

New CF / Young

Hasn't Gerrard recently said they won't be signing young players this summer?

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Hasn't Gerrard recently said they won't be signing young players this summer?

He probably means the priority is experienced players for first team. The majority of signings will be experienced players

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, useless said:

I think he said he wanted proven players who can come in and do a job right away, rather than players with potential, that doesn't mean to say we're going to sign a bunch of footballers in their thirties or whatever, a player doesn't have to be old to be a proven player, a player can be in their early twenties and be good enough to come in and make an instant impact.

Indeed one only needs to look at Mbappe Haaland etc to emphasise your point.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Indeed one only needs to look at Mbappe Haaland etc to emphasise your point.

Phase one of the transfer list sorted? 🤔

Edit: We can probably add the likes of Declan Rice to lists like these.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Thing is when you finish 15th, many of the instant-impact players who are both good enough and the right age are probably going elsewhere, aiming for Europe as a minimum or may not see us as much of a step up.

I know you weren't suggesting them as signings but Haaland, Mbappe and Rice all fit that criteria. ESR and JWP also. It's important we don't waste this summer chasing players that won't come here anyway.

We need a strong finish to show these hypothetical players that are on-the-up that we are too.

Alternatively the 'proven winners' or instant impact players we'll be able to sign will have to be 30+, likely on the way down hoping to rejuvenate their careers (Coutinho) or get a last payday or last chance for a shot at the Prem. They may still work out beautifully (who'd have thought Thiago Silva would've been so good for Chelsea) but more of a risk regardless

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He probably means the priority is experienced players for first team. The majority of signings will be experienced players

We’ve also got a great crop of youngsters Gerrard obviously rates highly and wants to give game time too with 5 subs 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We’ve also got a great crop of youngsters Gerrard obviously rates highly and wants to give game time too with 5 subs 

Yeah in the outside chance we can keep Carney, we also have Tim, Archer, JPB, KKH, Aaron Ramsey who will all possibly stay around the first team and play in EFL Cup / Pappa Johns 

22 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah in the outside chance we can keep Carney, we also have Tim, Archer, JPB, KKH, Aaron Ramsey who will all possibly stay around the first team and play in EFL Cup / Pappa Johns 

Can see Barry get some game time too and so can Brad Young, Kerr Smith, Chrisene. Some will probably go back on loan but lots to look forward to in this development. 

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Can see Barry get some game time too and so can Brad Young, Kerr Smith, Chrisene. Some will probably go back on loan but lots to look forward to in this development. 

Yeah for sure. I think the early part of the season is a good place to advertise them for Loan moves in Jan too. They get to train with the first team at Villa and then go show it on pitch in lower leagues after