Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

11 hours ago, nick76 said:

beyond our reach now…

So using Lukaku as the barometer here, when he gets his massively overpriced move back to the PL, his 24 goals in serie A will translate into about, what, 9 in a proper league? 

😜

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

So using Lukaku as the barometer here, when he gets his massively overpriced move back to the PL, his 24 goals in serie A will translate into about, what, 9 in a proper league? 

😜

Haha well if he came to Villa yes, because we kill all scoring out of strikers for some reason.  

We should’ve brought him last close season but now he’s too much money and probably wouldn’t come to us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It will be interesting to see if we bring in a couple of players on free transfers. 

We’ve been credited with an interest in Belotti, Ginter and Kamara in the past and all are available on a free this Summer. They also play in positions where we need to strengthen. 

Add a couple of transfer fee signings in on top of that, like Bissouma and Madueke and you could have a very ‘cheap’ Summer (wages/amortisation aside!)

I think this Summer is going to be really exciting. For good or for bad!

Add coutinho and a backup keeper and that’s near on a perfect window

10 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

It’s not going to happen but Coutinho (permanent) Belotti, Ginter and Kamara will be an incredible window. Add them to our current squad maybe ship one or two out we’d on paper have a top 7 squad. 

Agreed, there's always a question of whether a player can adapt to this league, for me, Belotti is made for it. Give me that tough nasty talented spine about and we can butt heads with those above us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

It’s not going to happen but Coutinho (permanent) Belotti, Ginter and Kamara will be an incredible window. Add them to our current squad maybe ship one or two out we’d on paper have a top 7 squad. 

Perhaps, but nobody can convince me we don’t need two new central midfielders. Both defensive minded.

If we don’t buy two new central midfielders to compete with McGInn and Ramsey in the Summer then we’d be fuc*ing bonkers. 

I’d happily get rid of Sanson and Luiz. It’s a little harsh on Sanson but if you aren’t playing him, no point keeping him around.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Perhaps, but nobody can convince me we don’t need two new central midfielders. Both defensive minded.

If we don’t buy two new central midfielders to compete with McGInn and Ramsey in the Summer then we’d be fuc*ing bonkers. 

I’d happily get rid of Sanson and Luiz. It’s a little harsh on Sanson but if you aren’t playing him, no point keeping him around.

You can see plain as day what Luiz offers but for me he's always been at 70% max, not driven enough, not intense enough, not that great at reading the game too. He just doesn't gel with those around him, at his best he plays a nice link between bringing it out and setting us up offensively, but it's just not at the level we need. McGinn would be decent backup to what we need, JJ has real potential and needs the right balance around him, or maybe he will be quality backup too. You are right as always pal, we need better.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our performances with Nakamba were defensively solid. Kamara is a better version of Nakamba so by putting Kamara in or Mohamed Camara as the CDM we’d be much better equipped moving forward. We’d probably see much better performances from the rest of the midfield too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

How long does Targett have on his contract?

I'd release Ash to the coaching staff in some capacity, and tell Matty he has got no choice but to stay and fight for his place. For the greater good of squad strength 

Unless we have identified a good young fullback.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, abdomlahor said:

never rated kondogbia personally but to be fair i haven't seen him since he moved to atleti

Never heard about him before he went to atleti but the few games I’ve seen recently and bits and pieces over the season I’ve been impressed.  That knowledge isn’t enough to make a proper judgement but what I’ve seen I’ve liked.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Maybe he was there to watch Suarez? 🤣

you laugh but it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility or to feel out the possibility of Suarez coming.

He was probably invited to the game by his friend Luis Suarez.  I think the likes of Kondogbia are out of our league for the moment.  Yes, Coutinho came, but was very out of sorts and is a friend of Gerrard's, so slightly different.  I don't know a great deal about Kondogbia to be fair but am pleased that we seem to be out there looking for players, if true of course as the tabloids love a headline!