Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Of that starting 11 today, excluding loan players, the only ones I’d be annoyed about us selling would be Martinez, Cash and Ramsey. The rest can piss off.

We are in desperate need of CB’s, a DM, a CM and at least one striker.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Of that starting 11 today, excluding loan players, the only ones I’d be annoyed about us selling would be Martinez, Cash and Ramsey. The rest can piss off.

We are in desperate need of CB’s, a DM, a CM and at least one striker.

Martinez was dreadful today.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Keep:

Martinez 

Cash

Mings

Chambers

Digne

Sanson

Ramsey

Coutinho 

Buendia

Sell the rest. 

I genuinely worry some of those will be cherrypicked if we continue this form, then we're left with just the players that truly need replacing. Scars of the past.

16 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Another rebuild in the summer by the looks of it, would sell more than I would keep out of this lot

I don’t see it as a rebuild, more just the next step in our constant evolution… We were a championship team not so long ago in dire straits on and off the pitch. Inevitable some of the players brought initially would need replacing 3/4 seasons down the line to take us to the next level. Konsa has regressed but is a top Squad player in a top half team - not first choice based on the past 12 Months. Don’t see an issue with keeping the majority of our 1st XI for next season - just some with have to get used to being part of the squad and some will get sold. Think Gerrard would’ve learned a lot today of whom he wants to rely upon for next season and who he thinks needs replacing. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Keep:

Martinez 

Cash

Mings

Chambers

Digne

Sanson

Ramsey

Coutinho 

Buendia

Sell the rest. 

completely agree with this.

We need a whole new spine imo, we need a CD, a no.6, prob a no.8, Coutinho and a striker in the summer.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

completely agree with this.

We need a whole new spine imo, we need a CD, a no.6, prob a no.8, Coutinho and a striker in the summer.......

I agree.

Need to be next-level calibre of players though, absolute winners required. I'm confident Gerrard has the contacts and name to get them too, like Coutinho and Digne.

Have you thought many of our players are used to losing, it takes its toll. Villa often look mentally weak, hence the mistakes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I agree.

Need to be next-level calibre of players though, absolute winners required. I'm confident Gerrard has the contacts and name to get them too, like Coutinho and Digne.

Have you thought many of our players are used to losing, it takes its toll. Villa often look mentally weak, hence the mistakes. 

ye, we basically need to go big and spunk 200m on top players.....

obivously we can fund prob 100m of this by selling quite a few players (hopefully), but it needs to be done if we want to progress, this squad isnt good enough, and i would be shocked if Gerrard doesnt see it also.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye, we basically need to go big and spunk 200m on top players.....

obivously we can fund prob 100m of this by selling quite a few players (hopefully), but it needs to be done if we want to progress, this squad isnt good enough, and i would be shocked if Gerrard doesnt see it also.

Absolutely.

We can generate maximum of £80-£100 million through selling a few.

The spine of the side needs addressing.  Steven Gerrard said something about style and steel.  Coutinho was the style, I suspect Bissouma was the steel if we could have signed him.  Like others, my preference would be to keep Martinez, Chambers, Digne, Ramsey, Mings, Cash and a couple of the kids like Iroegbunam and Archer.  Not that they all get in the side on a week by week basis that is.  Keeping Coutinho would also be preferable too.  The rest of the squad can go if we get decent offers.  

• Thanks 1

So I’m bored - avoiding MOTD and as one does in these situations… I’ve been flicking through relegation threatened European teams squads this kid - Lucas Gourna-Douath an 18 yo French DM from St Etienne  with over 50 first team appearances already… https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lucas-gourna-douath/profil/spieler/620313

Obligatory YouTube video…

He is possibly the answer to a lot of our problems … Been linked with Chelsea and Leipzig and definitely available/attainable. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure where it will leave Ings and Watkins but saw something about Abraham wanting to return to the Premier League the other day, if that's true I have a feeling he will end up with us, talk of Roma being interested in Luiz maybe a swap will happen if he doesn't sign a contract.

35 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure where it will leave Ings and Watkins but saw something about Abraham wanting to return to the Premier League the other day, if that's true I have a feeling he will end up with us, talk of Roma being interested in Luiz maybe a swap will happen if he doesn't sign a contract.

he will cost 70m plus

58 minutes ago, useless said:

Think this would be a disaster but can see it happening. Abraham will score just enough goals for everyone to forget we concede more and control possession less when he's playing as he offers little else other than goals

• Like 1