Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Tammy sounding out he wants to come back to england. Id sell ollie and try bring him home.

You ARE kidding aren't you ?

We can do better than Ollie if we wanted to go big but Tammy is not big and is probably a £15M Premiership player if you think you might get a season out of him. He'll do okay in other leagues but not ours. Decent Championship striker when on form and we are better than that !

Edited by Paul33
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

We can do better than Ollie if we wanted to go big but Tammy is not big and is probably a £15M Premiership player if you think you might get a season out of him. He'll do okay in other leagues but not ours. Decent Championship striker when on form and we are better than that !

Eh? He's scored 15 in 30 in Serie A this season, and that's in a Mourinho side. 

Championship player? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Championship player? 

I watch a fair bit of Serie A, and he has been good for Roma this season.  But he's no better than Watkins IMO, and certainly not worth the amount Roma would now be asking.

Just now, duke313 said:

I watch a fair bit of Serie A, and he has been good for Roma this season.  But he's no better than Watkins IMO, and certainly not worth the amount Roma would now be asking.

Point is he's not a championship player. If he came back here, he'd go to a mid table prem side. 

It's a reasonable discussion. Who might we have lined up who's tearing it up in world football, and who would come to a Villa side who's not in Europe? I think if he didn't already play for us Ings would be in the mix. I'm struggling to think. I like Antonio but West Ham are doing better than us right now. Toney at Brentford, but everyone seems to have cooled on him at the moment. 

I suppose Suarez with the SG connection, but I hope to Christ that doesn't come off, as he's the womblest of cocks.   

I'd probably give Tammy a punt. He did well at Chelsea when he did play, despite being bombed out for seemingly no reason.  

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Point is he's not a championship player. If he came back here, he'd go to a mid table prem side. 

It's a reasonable discussion. Who might we have lined up who's tearing it up in world football, and who would come to a Villa side who's not in Europe? I think if he didn't already play for us Ings would be in the mix. I'm struggling to think. I like Antonio but West Ham are doing better than us right now. Toney at Brentford, but everyone seems to have cooled on him at the moment. 

I suppose Suarez with the SG connection, but I hope to Christ that doesn't come off, as he's the womblest of cocks.   

I'd probably give Tammy a punt. He did well at Chelsea when he did play, despite being bombed out for seemingly no reason.  

It would be a punt if he was about £15-20m, but Roma are looking upwards of £60m+.  Not worth it, as we already have two strikers that would provide a similar output.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

It would be a punt if he was about £15-20m, but Roma are looking upwards of £60m+.  Not worth it, as we already have two strikers that would provide a similar output.

15-20m gets you 60-80% of a Chris Wood these days, if you're doing well

• Haha 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Well, yeah. I actually don't think our strikers are the problem. Looking at our xG stats, we have scored 42 goals against an xG of 33. I'd say that means were pretty efficient when we do get a sniff of goal. 

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Well, yeah. I actually don't think our strikers are the problem. Looking at our xG stats, we have scored 42 goals against an xG of 33. I'd say that means were pretty efficient when we do get a sniff of goal. 

an xG of 33... that is utterly abysmal

42 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Championship player? 

So you think Serie A and Premiere over here are the same style and standard of football ?

I'd rather go with Keinan Davis than Tammy !!!

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

So you think Serie A and Premiere over here are the same style and standard of football ?

This is one of the most ridiculous opinions I've ever read on here, and it's up against some pretty stiff competition. 

He was worth considerably more than £15m when he ended the loan with us, and his 15 in 34 PL appearances the season before last for Chelsea, then smashing it at Roma won't have done the price any favours. Find me a better than 1 in 2 striker in the Championship who's also a proven goalscorer in the PL, still yet to reach his prime going for £15m

I can understand thinking he's not a considerable enough upgrade on Ings/Watkins to be worth the money, but 'probably' a £15m player? Give me strength.

• Like 2

Just now, Paul33 said:

No I think that Serie A is the 4th best league in the world.  I also think that Tammy has scored 26 Premier League Goals in 89 games whilst playing an average of 55 minutes per game. 

59 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don't see Ollie scoring anywhere near as many as Tammy in that Roma team... 

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is one of the most ridiculous opinions I've ever read on here, and it's up against some pretty stiff competition. 

He was worth considerably more than £15m when he ended the loan with us, and his 15 in 34 PL appearances the season before last for Chelsea, then smashing it at Roma won't have done the price any favours. Find me a better than 1 in 2 striker in the Championship who's also a proven goalscorer in the PL, still yet to reach his prime going for £15m

I can understand thinking he's not a considerable enough upgrade on Ings/Watkins to be worth the money, but 'probably' a £15m player? Give me strength.

I'm there with you...  Hilarious to see on here at times!  

Just now, KMitch said:

I don't see Ollie scoring anywhere near as many as Tammy in that Roma team... 

Agreed with this. In a different timeline, when Chelsea didn't have that embargo and play Tammy because they had little choice, I think we'd have spent a similar amount on Tammy instead of Watkins, and I think we'd be a better team for it. No going back now though, the fee would probably be more than we can justify on another forward.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Paul you cant be serious! 15m premier league player? Then ollie is a 5m player on that valuation!. Tammy is a lot better than ollie in my opinion 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

Has someone hacked your villtalk account paul as your posting some strange things today! Davis who has what one goal in the premier league to tammy who has scored how many in the premier league?!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

If I was Tammy there would be no way I'm leaving Roma. First choice striker at a top club scoring goals, in a lovely city where it's not freezing cold or pissing down with rain. Footballers don't think like me though. 

Equally, I found it baffling that A. Young left Milan for Birmingham... and disappointing. Can't help but think he feels the same. Terrible move for all concerned.

Abraham would be crazy to leave what he has now for a Crystal Palace, say...

Edited by AvonVillain

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

We paid £31m for Wesley and Samatta

Neither have them have failed at Villa, I liked both of them, I have good memories of both, Samatta’s diving header against Man City in the Carabao Cup final in 2020 and his header against Bournemouth away in the league in the 19/20 season, he showed great bravery in both cases. I also think that Wesley has a lot of potential, he has shown it in short spurts in a Villa shirt, I fondly remember him terrorising Ben Mee and James Tarkowski against Burnley at Turfmoor in 19/20. No striker in world football is going to perform at a 10/10 level every week, it is impossible but it seems that every football fan wants this