Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

1 minute ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

He just seems so reliable and super solid whenever he's on the pitch. Good player to have around imo.

5th choice CB, 4th Choice DM, 3rd/4th Choice Rb. Perfectly serviceable at all of them, and importantly his ball playing and progression mean if we need to rotate him in vs a weaker team we lose nothing in attack. Vs the best teams I'd be a bit concerned about his pace and defence. 

But he's got a clear role as a guy who can come in vs weaker teams and contribute 

• Like 1

interesting that Emery said in his pre Brentford press conference, that he knows Chambers can play CB, but he see's him more as a right back or midfielder in this squad.

Maybe with Cash, Konsa being tested at RB, as well as Chambers, we arent looking for a new right back.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

interesting that Emery said in his pre Brentford press conference, that he knows Chambers can play CB, but he see's him more as a right back or midfielder in this squad.

Maybe with Cash, Konsa being tested at RB, as well as Chambers, we arent looking for a new right back.

If he did use this squad it's probably because 

1 injury to Kamara or Dendoncker assuming we keep Luiz as the further forward midfielder and McGinn as the RM means chamber is next DM up. 

And if Cash gets hurt right now Him and Konsa are 1st and 2nd choice rbs whatever order. Whereas it really takes 2 injuries for him to be in conversation to be CB. 

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't want him to go....I see him as essentially utility and a squad player.

I agree, I think it would be utterly pointless. I think he's about as good as we can get as an experienced rotation option that is happy to be so. He's nothing flashy or special, but he's dependable, and you need players like that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I agree, I think it would be utterly pointless. I think he's about as good as we can get as an experienced rotation option that is happy to be so. He's nothing flashy or special, but he's dependable, and you need players like that. 

Yeah.....When we have been "Hell bent for leather" for an hour and  2-0 up and we slip in to containment/possession  mode to see out, the winning position......I feel quite calm, seeing him come on.

as you say....not flashy, just effective and nullifying

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I think Chambers is very useful for the bench on particular. Emery can deploy him for multiple uses in a game. The player is vastly experienced and aside from his lack of pace he's a solid player. 

• Like 1

If he is happy to be our 5th choice CB/3rd choice RB/4th-5th choice holding mid then he is a really good player to keep in the squad as he can always be relied upon to put in a decent shift.

It is not so long ago that a player of his quality would have been a regular starter for us which shows how far we've come. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If he is happy to be our 5th choice CB/3rd choice RB/4th-5th choice holding mid then he is a really good player to keep in the squad as he can always be relied upon to put in a decent shift.

It is not so long ago that a player of his quality would have been a regular starter for us which shows how far we've come. 

Obviously the coaching is helping, seems less headless chicken and more composed on the ball - Don Unai working his magic again 

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

With the amount of fixtures across cups/league/europe, i doubt he'll be thinking in terms of '4 or 5th choice' - He'll get a good amount of game time this season. 

Â