What do you like most about yourself?

KentVillan

A much harder question than the dislike thread but you gotta exercise the old self esteem or it shrivels so…I feel like I have a pretty high level of empathy and I always make myself available when friends or family need support 😊

6 minutes ago, El Zen said:

My mental health is in great shape

Was about to write just that

6 minutes ago, El Zen said:

as is my physical condition and fitness. 

Was definitely absolutely positively  NOT about to write just that

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Taking a slight tangent on this, I often wonder what personality traits I inherited from my parents. 

My Dad's good points: He had a strong sense of social justice, and he had an intelligent and enquiring mind, despite having had only a rudimentary formal education. His bad points: He was irritable and short-tempered (although never violent), and he wasn't particularly sociable outside the family. 

My Mum's good points: She was highly sociable, and enormously kind and generous. Her bad points: She could be emotionally manipulative, and was capable of nursing a grudge (sometimes over a quite trivial issue) for years. 

Naturally, I believe (OK, hope!) that I've inherited the good bits of both, and not the bad bits. 

• Like 2

Ability to make friends and talk to people

I'm laid back (if you asked my wife I'm too laid back...) with a wide variety of interests so I can usually get on with people

@mjmooney the way you describe your mom we could be brothers... I think that manipulator aspect leans in to the ability to read people which I think I have a little of and helps with the above but my dad is where I get my laid backness from, don't think I've ever seen my dad give a shit about anything, positive or negative, he's the epitome of happy go lucky

• Like 1

I think these two threads could be usefully merged. 

And here's a thought: 

If you ask these two questions to an audience of men and women,  I'd wager that the women would instinctively reply about their physical features, and the men about their personality traits. 

(The tiny, and skewed, VT sample would appear to bear this out). 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Drawing a blank on this. There’s not much I do like about myself. I’m a fairly run of the mill regular dumbass. 

Celebrate it.

Being a regular Joe is under rated. Not a creep, not pumped on ‘roids, not vindictive or sly, not money grabbing, not a tory.

There’s a lot of positives in there. I regularly describe myself as vanilla, and people mistake that for a put down. I **** love vanilla, its a good fit.

• Like 4

I am fairly extrovert, feel comfortable around strangers and am happy to talk to anyone. My mate is the same and our wives say it's because we are both ex redcoats and every day we essentially had to do this as part of our jobs. 

Â