Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

I was pretty angry with him for his stupidity at the time, but watching the replay, that was an incredibly soft red card. I'm not sure that we should appeal as others have said above - hand to face, not likely to be rescinded/reduced - but is there a way to appeal the behaviour of the Brentford players. What Konsa did was no worse than several of them - and as they were not punished on the pitch at the time, is there anything retrospective available?

Having tried to see what on earth happened; that video from the Brentford stands seems to have best angle. To be honest, it seems a bit of a soft red and seems very harsh in the circumstances. I didn't get the impression anyone else got booked but looking back it seems Emi and Yarmoliuk (Brentford's no 33) got yellow cards as well. To be honest Emi should have not gone near Maupay and just left him to be an idiot and the rest of them should not have let it descend into the chaos that it did.If we appeal and get it, great.

If we don't, well the one we will likely miss him the most in is the Man Utd away game. I have no doubt that Unai will be having words with all of the them about it and that lesson will be the biggest takeaway the players will get from this.

12 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

It’s not violent conduct by any sensible definition but his hand does touch his face so the FA will happily stand behind this and ignore common sense. Played at full speed it is completely innocuous and Kamara is just giving a push back as he has been caught by a flailing arm. Should have just been chalked up as handbags and was hardly worth a yellow card in reality, but the refs simply cannot stop themselves from intervening in everything.

Professional footballers should be setting an example. It was a complete lack of discipline by both sides. You can expect Unai to be fuming with Martinez for creating a mountain out of a molehill, hence the apology from Emi to Kamara. He should have just left the little clearing in the woods on the floor. Why try to pick him up when we don't need the time? However, Kamara still has to take his punishment, you can't raise your hands to an opponent's face.

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

To cause exactly the delay he did and waste more time.

He probably thought Maupay would react and they’d both get booked… which for Maupay would have meant a second yellow. Maupay was clever in that he went down (farcically) and then stayed down, letting the chaos unfold around him. Martinez took the bait and then in the nonsense that followed Kamara got sent off… in that sense Maupay got what  he wanted, a bizarre player really losing at home and he’s more interested in winding up the opposition than actually scoring no wonder his goal record in the PL is abysmal  

What's annoying is we don't even benefit that much from him getting a rest. After Burnley we play Middlesbrough on the 6th in the Cup, Everton on the 14th, and Newcastle on the 30th. Three games in the whole month of January.

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

We now lose arguably our most pivotal player for 3 games. 

Which is Kamara's fault for giving someone a crap little shove. No one else.

2 hours ago, david-avfc said:

He probably thought Maupay would react and they’d both get booked… which for Maupay would have meant a second yellow. Maupay was clever in that he went down (farcically) and then stayed down, letting the chaos unfold around him.

We were winning.

Maupay was an idiot.

If we were losing and all that had happened, I'd be annoyed at Martinez for wasting more time. We were winning.

2 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Martinez took the bait and then in the nonsense that followed Kamara got sent off…

Martinez saw a chance to waste more time and took it.

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We were winning.

Maupay was an idiot.

If we were losing and all that had happened, I'd be annoyed at Martinez for wasting more time. We were winning.

Nah I think the clever thing to do was for Martinez to leave Maupay on the floor and waste more time that way.

He tried to pick him up because he lost his head. Burnley players lost their shit off the back of it because they were losing and felt like everything was going against them. Emi shouldn’t have tried to pull him up but I totally get how someone like Maupay can wind a person up.  It’s just a shame that the ref felt he had to send someone off and picked Kamara even though there was all sorts of pushing and shoving going on. Hand out a few yellow cards and get on with it. 

Both clubs will get fined though. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jayEm said:

What's annoying is we don't even benefit that much from him getting a rest. After Burnley we play Middlesbrough on the 6th in the Cup, Everton on the 14th, and Newcastle on the 30th. Three games in the whole month of January.

True but If we wanted a key player to get a rest against any teams you would pick bottom 3 teams at home. The Man U game is frustrating though. 

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I’m thinking that, far from appealing Kamara’s red card, we will likely be defending a charge of failing to control our players.

Yeah, Unai tried to do that and got yellow carded for it

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah I think the clever thing to do was for Martinez to leave Maupay on the floor and waste more time that way.

You think it would have wasted more time if he'd just stood there, rather than the 25 man melee that took 3 mins?

Disagree.

Martinez was a tit. But he's an expert tit. He plays these shitty games in the spirit of winning us matches.

If we were losing he takes the FK and leaves Maupay there.

He has zero blame on him for Kamara shoving someone. HE lost his head.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

We were winning.

Maupay was an idiot.

I'm fairly confident the manager won't be patting Emi on the back saying, "great job, Son, nothing I like more than a bit of 18 pence from my Goalkeeper".

• Like 1

Â