Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

Form is temporary, class is permanent as they say. We've got a squad to utilise and Kamara is performing well under what we know he's capable of. 

Dendonker is a steady Eddy and can be relied on. He can have a run, give Boub a kick up the arse/break if he is carrying an injury.

He's way off it mentally and/or physically. We got used to him being in the right place at the right time with his anticipation and ability to get himself into the right position early but for whatever reason he's been off that more often than not this season. 

I don't think we should be sticking the boot into the guy without knowing what's happening behind the scenes but I doubt most people would be against using our squad when someone is off the pace. 

I don't concur with the people suggesting we sell him after a slow start to the season. Talk about reactionary! 

• Like 3

Big fan but he's been really off it so far this season. 

Not sure what's up, perhaps the disrupted pre season when France called him up very late in June but he still had a few weeks off after that.

Might not be a bad shout to give him a kick up the backside and leave him out for a few games and give Donk some starts.

Douglas had the same growing pattern. Good stretches and bad stretches til a combination of maturity and talent smooths out the rough spots.  

Honestly though I blame the wet kit. Makes him look even slower. No one looks good playing in that thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Risso said:

They've both been well below their expected levels. You perhaps don't notice it as much with Watkins, because Kamara is there to try to get control in midfield and when he doesn't it's ended in a shoeing this season.

That wasn't my question....

5 hours ago, Risso said:

Utter garbage is too strong, he's just playing massively below the level we've seen him play at. He seems to be in a permanent sulk as well.

nobody likes playing below par....he's probably annoyed with himself.

6 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Douglas had the same growing pattern. Good stretches and bad stretches til a combination of maturity and talent smooths out the rough spots.  

This is a good point. He's still only 23 years old, and still has a lot of conquer in his development to become the consistent, elite player we know he will become.

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

This is a good point. He's still only 23 years old, and still has a lot of conquer in his development to become the consistent, elite player we know he will become.

I'm not sure it's really that relevant. When we first bought Luiz we'd just come back up and he was playing with players like Nakamba, Targett and Jota. Kamara is playing next to one of the best midfielders in the Premier League, surrounded by other internationals. It's not remotely comparable.

I remember when posters were saying Kamara was better than Luiz and was our best player..... 🤔  Not a chance. Superb when he's on it but a liability at times when he isn't. DL has never been a liability since the day he arrived. That being said he's a great player going through a sticky patch and I've no doubt he'll be fine. 

9 hours ago, TRO said:

nobody likes playing below par....he's probably annoyed with himself.

That's half the problem. He has high demands of himself and it's clear he know he's under performing and it's frustrating him, and that in turn is leading to rash decisions. He needs to focus on the game and training, and enjoy his football, and he'll come good.

2 hours ago, Risso said:

I'm not sure it's really that relevant. When we first bought Luiz we'd just come back up and he was playing with players like Nakamba, Targett and Jota. Kamara is playing next to one of the best midfielders in the Premier League, surrounded by other internationals. It's not remotely comparable.

Luiz was not the player he is now when he arrived. The current talent around him makes his job easier but he also went through his own process to become the present day stalwart we are all used to.

You can go back and read scores of pages in the DL thread with many posters wondering whether he will ever be good enough or just to get rid. Young, talented players have poor stretches. That's just a fact. It's why buying the finished article cost so much more. 

53 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

To me he doesn’t look comfortable playing in a midfield two. In a three as the central pivot he is dynamite, popping up everywhere to kill the space and intercept the ball, but in a flat 2 he’s not the same player

It's easy to forget that our good run in the second half of last season, Kamara didn't play much due to injury. It was mainly Mcginn and Luiz that played in the pivot.

Haven't been feeling him at all so far this season.

Not sure if his body language and seeming attitude is what is skewing my opinion.

I automatically find myself getting annoyed with players who may not show dedication to the cause. ( In my perception, I obviously could be way off )

I'n possibly also just making him my " scapegoat " due to being pissed off as well in fairness.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

That's half the problem. He has high demands of himself and it's clear he know he's under performing and it's frustrating him, and that in turn is leading to rash decisions. He needs to focus on the game and training, and enjoy his football, and he'll come good.

If you are a No6 and playing in a Central defensive midfield role, you have to have the ability to engage in the physical aspect of the game, and make a good fist of stopping the opposition......He has a quality of passing and moving in a game, but that is not his prime function.....you can't be a passive CDM without consequences.

He is a shadow of the player, we seen last season....its concerning.

The problem for the team is, we don't have anyone else of any ilk, to challenge him.....we are simply short of this type of player.

I am all for supporting a player, through a form dip.....but the team will be consequenced, by having a lack of suitable options.

Â