Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Many of us on here, was banging the drum for a Kamara, a CDM with some authority, before his arrival....He has been an astute signing, and a significant aid to the resilience of the team....The price was one thing, but his ability is quite another.

but just of late, his form has dipped a tad and he is not quite so engaging in duels, losing possession in key areas of the pitch. That can be a bit of a worry.

I still have total faith in him, but I also recognise, it can be detrimental to our results.....I hope he gets back soon, to the Authority he was.

Has his form dipped? Which recent games has he been poor in?

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

In my opinion yes....He is a CDM

I think he has been caught in possession a few times, in recent games, in pre-season and lost the ball.....He was also absent in going after Tonali, for his goal, just trotted back Baileyesque.....You should expect better, from a fully functioning CDM..unless he has an Issue, I am unaware of.

Look, he was one amongst many on the day, but we are on the Kamara page....just saying.

Play the game back, and watch it for yourself.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Newcastle where everyone was awful and was a bit of the pace in preseason and that is enough for some on here to write him off. Frankly comedy.

Its not a case of writing anyone off....its a case of calling elements in a game out for what they are.

If we are analysing passages of play, that led to goals against, you can't dress it up, and just skip over it as if, nothing has happened....thats simply convenient denial.

I am fairly confident in my own mind, BK has played with far more authority in the past, than he has lately....If he finds his form against Everton, and dictates play, like I know he can, I will be the first to say.

make of that what you will.

Edited by TRO

14 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Have you been watching our games in Pre-season?....didn't you notice yourself, that he hasn't been quite the authority has has been for us?

56 minutes ago, TRO said:

Have you been watching our games in Pre-season?....didn't you notice yourself, that he hasn't been quite the authority has has been for us?

Ill be honest...he looks like a naturally gifted footballer - a real class act.  But...out of luiz, mcginn, Ramsey and Kamara, I'm selling him first.  I'm hoping I've not seen the best of him yet 

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Its not a case of writing anyone off....its a case of calling elements in a game out for what they are.

If we are analysing passages of play, that led to goals against, you can't dress it up, and just skip over it as if, nothing has happened....thats simply convenient denial.

I am fairly confident in my own mind, BK has played with far more authority in the past, than he has lately....If he finds his form against Everton, and dictates play, like I know he can, I will be the first to say.

make of that what you will.

I'm sorry i'm just not going to judge someone on one game plus a pre-season where plenty of players shined and plenty just turned up, as pre-seasons are about getting fitness and sharpness.

Doug gave away possession plenty of times vs Newcastle, was easily bullied off the ball throughout the match, but he had a superb pre-season....

No one is saying Kamara hasn't had poor games, there were times last season where he was dispossessed on the edge of the area, along with Luiz, Dendoncker, Cash, Mings, Konsa and so on.

Edited by VillanousOne
sounded like a twonk
  • Confused 1

On 18/08/2023 at 20:01, Adman said:

Ill be honest...he looks like a naturally gifted footballer - a real class act.  But...out of luiz, mcginn, Ramsey and Kamara, I'm selling him first.  I'm hoping I've not seen the best of him yet 

you're talking about 2 different things mate.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I'm sorry i'm just not going to judge someone on one game plus a pre-season where plenty of players shined and plenty just turned up, as pre-seasons are about getting fitness and sharpness.

Doug gave away possession plenty of times vs Newcastle, was easily bullied off the ball throughout the match, but he had a superb pre-season....

No one is saying Kamara hasn't had poor games, there were times last season where he was dispossessed on the edge of the area, along with Luiz, Dendoncker, Cash, Mings, Konsa and so on.

thats what I said, so why are you arguing.

Unai himself has said there were things the players did wrong during the game, and I have told them so.....Thats is exactly what I was saying, and you are calling me out.

Don't tell me what a good players he is, we all know that....I'm not judging his career, just elements of the last game.....at least address the point, not your version of it.

Edited by TRO

21 hours ago, Xela said:

No disrespect to Brighton, they have done wonderfully recently, but i hope we have loftier ambitions than them. 

Brighton won't always keep finding gems. Look at Southampton. 

I think Brighton, who are upwardly mobile, do recognise this and their replacements/targets are moving up a notch. They are also getting better players, in front of maybe bigger clubs, because they see Brighton as a strong developer of talent and a pathway through to a big 6 club.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TRO said:

thats what I said, so why are you arguing.

Unai himself has said there were things the players did wrong during the game, and I have told them so.....Thats is exactly what I was saying, and you are calling me out.

Don't tell me what a good players he is, we all know that....I'm not judging his career, just elements of the last game.....at least address the point, not your version of it.

I've literally no idea what your point is anymore. But you clearly think it's correct so I'll let you enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Why stop at selling Kamara? The entire squad had a terrible game against Newcastle so let’s sell them all off!

We should sell the whole squad every summer and buy a new one. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, lexicon said:

That remains to be seen at the level they find themselves at now. It's all well and good doing that lower down, but when you sell two key components of the midfield spine, there could well be teething issues there. 

In any case, the status quo is one of the most underrated things in life. People always want change because it's more exciting or someone sells promises of greener grass, but it's far from always the case. When you've got an 80m player and replace him with a 30m one, you cannot reasonably expect the same level of performance. 

I don't necessarily disagree.

I think Brighton have been smart - aided by Chelsea's idiocy - and also have really good recruitment. Dan Ashworth is a super administrator in this area and set them up brilliantly (as he's now proving again at Newcastle) and they seem, so far, to be carrying on his work. Losing Caceido and Macalister in the same window will be a real test though.

I agree that status quo is underrated. I think our starting XI only needed one upgrade - a replacement for Bailey done with Diaby - and this summer was more about quality depth and challenge so we can rotate/make subs without a large drop off in quality and compete on four fronts. I think we have largely done that - our signings to date have been top notch - but injuries to key players have set us back.

I don't want to sell Kamara - he has been great for us - but I didn't want to sell Jack either. Sometimes your better players want to move on to "bigger" clubs - many obviously don't have the same emotional attachment to Villa that we have - and even Citeh recognise that if a player really wants out it's best to allow that and rebuild stronger. I think we panicked after Jack's departure - Ings was not the right man for us (fortunately Wet Spam's panic has partially bailed us out) - and I think you always have to have a plan because these things happen. My question was, if Kamara went, would Amrabat and Adams work whilst still creating a surplus to invest in a top LW (as I said, this would be added to, say, the £20m that we might have earmarked for that spot). I don't think Amrabat or Adams are better than/have the same potential as Boub (although, again as I said I haven't seen enough of them to really judge) but was looking at the squad as a whole.

23 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

We already have better than Adams. My pal is a Leeds STH and his opinion is that he flatters to deceive.

I’ve two mates who are Leeds supporters and swear by Adams. They told me when he picked up the injury their whole defence went to pot! All about opinions I suppose but for 24m to quality cover two positions it isn’t a lot to pay.

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I don't necessarily disagree.

I think Brighton have been smart - aided by Chelsea's idiocy - and also have really good recruitment. Dan Ashworth is a super administrator in this area and set them up brilliantly (as he's now proving again at Newcastle) and they seem, so far, to be carrying on his work. Losing Caceido and Macalister in the same window will be a real test though.

I agree that status quo is underrated. I think our starting XI only needed one upgrade - a replacement for Bailey done with Diaby - and this summer was more about quality depth and challenge so we can rotate/make subs without a large drop off in quality and compete on four fronts. I think we have largely done that - our signings to date have been top notch - but injuries to key players have set us back.

I don't want to sell Kamara - he has been great for us - but I didn't want to sell Jack either. Sometimes your better players want to move on to "bigger" clubs - many obviously don't have the same emotional attachment to Villa that we have - and even Citeh recognise that if a player really wants out it's best to allow that and rebuild stronger. I think we panicked after Jack's departure - Ings was not the right man for us (fortunately Wet Spam's panic has partially bailed us out) - and I think you always have to have a plan because these things happen. My question was, if Kamara went, would Amrabat and Adams work whilst still creating a surplus to invest in a top LW (as I said, this would be added to, say, the £20m that we might have earmarked for that spot). I don't think Amrabat or Adams are better than/have the same potential as Boub (although, again as I said I haven't seen enough of them to really judge) but was looking at the squad as a whole.

Fair enough, I appreciate the elaboration on your thoughts. 

RE: Kamara, I don't think that he wants out, yet. We've not had any smoke there to suggest that could be the case. I'd be very loath to sell him and it'd have to be 100m+, as I don't see him being any worse than Caicedo or Declan Rice. If we were to sell him, we'd need to get somebody as damn close to his level as possible, and that would be a very difficult task for us. Adams certainly doesn't have his talent IMO and Amrabat isn't tested in the prem, nor do I think he's as good from what I've seen. 

We struggled a lot when we sold Grealish because IMO we lost an absolutely top-class player and the focal point of our team and had to dilute the level/talent over 3 players. That's not always a bad thing and did allow us to upgrade a bit, but the situation has moved on to the point that 35m players are not guaranteed to upgrade the first XI now.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â