Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

175k a week at that age 😳

Why make up random wages to get effect? Nowhere has it been reported he is on that and we know we wouldn't pay him that as doesn't fit wage structure. The point of a wage structure is for dressing room harmony. Imagine how Coutinho would feel if we brought a 22yo in more money than him. Never going to happen.

It was reported he wanted Atletico had a greed 6m euro per year with him but he wanted 9mil euro. So £115k is the Atletico wage agreed and what it was reported he wanted is around £147k a week. I'm sure what he's got is no higher than £125k a week, a signing on fee and the standard bonus structure which means he can get up to 30% more in salary if we finish high in table.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why make up random wages to get effect? Nowhere has it been reported he is on that and we know we wouldn't pay him that as doesn't fit wage structure. The point of a wage structure is for dressing room harmony. Imagine how Coutinho would feel if we brought a 22yo in more money than him. Never going to happen.

It was reported he wanted Atletico had a greed 6m euro per year with him but he wanted 9mil euro. So £115k is the Atletico wage agreed and what it was reported he wanted is around £147k a week. I'm sure what he's got is no higher than £125k a week, a signing on fee and the standard bonus structure which means he can get up to 30% more in salary if we finish high in table.

I didn’t. I think I got confused with it being in Euro’s. 

The paint had barely dried on the final coat of the 2021/22 Premier League season when Aston Villa announced the signing of defensive midfielder Boubacar Kamara from Marseille. The France Under-21 international’s arrival on a free transfer at the end of his contract signals the end of a long and happy relationship with his hometown club. He first walked through the doors of the Marseille Academy in 2005, when he was only five years old.

After making his first-team debut in a French League Cup game against Sochaux in December 2016, Kamara went on to make almost 200 appearances for Marseille. He was an unused substitute in the team’s 3-0 defeat to Diego Simeone’s Atlético Madrid in the 2018 Europa League final, but played every minute of both legs of the semi-final defeat to Feyenoord in this season’s Europa Conference League.

More on link

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/boubacar-kamara-aston-villa-marseille-tactics/

21 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

We better play him as a 6

I hope you do too! I don’t think we ever tried him at that spot. 😁 I don’t see why he would be put in that role. But I guess that you could always try things out. I mean we moved him out of a defensive role and moved him into the midfield.😅

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MrOM15 said:

I hope you do too! I don’t think we ever tried him at that spot. 😁 I don’t see why he would be put in that role. But I guess that you could always try things out. I mean we moved him out of a defensive role and moved him into the midfield.😅

I know we didnt make the most of Morgan Sanson but i really do think that once he settles Kamara will be a big success for us. He is absolutely everything we have needed at the base of midfield. A calm under pressure eyes in the back of his head defensively minded player who will fight to the end. He seems quite skinny but seems to put all his weight into tackles and times his tackles very well 

Oh yeah. If Sanson is available for loan would you take him back at OM ? 

Edited by MWARLEY2

18 minutes ago, MrOM15 said:

I think that Longoria the president of Marseille kinda said it the best on this radio broadcast. He said that he respected Kamara’s decision but that a lot of promises were not kept. 
I think that a good bit marseille fans aren’t really happy with how things ended. 😶😅 I guess that I along with my friends are more the “good luck to you!” mindset with Kamara.I guess that it’s more along the lines of- If he’s happy awesome, now let’s focus on the future.🙂
Obviously from an outsider’s perspective the choice seems odd. Why would you not want to play in the champions league with Madrid? For Marseille fan on the surface it just seems like a move to a PL club with the salary that comes with it.🤔

As you pointed out MWarley2, that doesn’t really put into consideration the project that Villa seems to be building with Gerrard. If a coach tells you definitely will be key component to a team; maybe that is better than say fighting for a starting role on a bigger team. It’s hard to say honestly.. 
Definitely Gerrard is known when it comes to to French football fans. But, we don’t really know how he is as a coach. 🤷‍♂️ He apparently did some great work with the Rangers. But, I don’t know many of my friends that follow Scottish soccer.😅But definitely he is well known for his time spent in Liverpool. I mean we had Cisse that played with him back in the day and they were awesome on that Liverpool team. I would imagine that Kamara has some type of attachment to Gerrard or his time spent at Liverpool. I mean if nothing else there’s that legacy that can’t be ignored. Or maybe Gerrard doesn’t mind players wearing flip flops and shorts during meetings.😝😅 (all jokes aside)
Kamara did say that he spoke to Sanson and Digne a bit so that definitely seems to have had a big impact as well. 

Loads of interesting points there. I guess that to Kamara playing Liverpool Man City Chelsea Spurs etc at least twice  a season will be a good subsititute for the Champions League.  

Is English football the most watched after Ligue 1 in France ? 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Those stats make Kamara and Bissouma look like ideal partners. Combined into one you have the perfect footballer.

Just with neither of them being particularly good at aerial duels, which will be the cause of some upset.

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Just with neither of them being particularly good at aerial duels, which will be the cause of some upset.

Good spot. They also aren't good at SCA whatever that is.

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Good spot. They also aren't good at SCA whatever that is.

I assume it's shot creating actions, so not one to really worry about as they would allow plenty of freedom for more attacking players.

On 24/05/2022 at 08:01, leemond2008 said:

I'd never heard of him before and couldn't remember his first name so I called him Bobcat Kamara, that is the name I'm gunna stick with 

I'm sure it will stick....could go viral.🙃

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Â