Weekends Football 21/23 January

andykeenan

Just now, Zatman said:

I think today was a big win for us. I was confident we wouldnt go down but didn't want to get sucked into a danger area. we are now 11 points clear plus goal difference

Think it will be hard to claw our way up the league from this point. We’ve got a bit of a deficit to make up. A good run now would help…

breaking- so would that Brentford goal!!

1 minute ago, penguin said:

That's pissed me off.

Don't think I've wanted a side to go down as badly as I do this Newcastle side. Such a shit goal as well.

same. they're making real moves in the transfer market despite people saying they only had 20m to spend this window. our progression will be directly hindered by them staying up

we both want bissouma? they'll just offer 5m more than us and 20k more a week

FFP is not a thing and anyone thinking it is are kidding themselves

Just now, HKP90 said:

Only Spurs and Arsenal, and Arsenal can’t catch them.

Everyone was waxing lyrical about Arsenal only weeks ago and now they can't get past awful United?

People went way over the top with this Arsenal side.

I wouldn't be getting overly concerned about Newcastle surviving based on today, it's only their second win of the season and they were pretty much dreadful. On another day would have been a comfortable win for Leeds.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

same. they're making real moves in the transfer market despite people saying they only had 20m to spend this window. our progression will be directly hindered by them staying up

we both want bissouma? they'll just offer 5m more than us and 20k more a week

FFP is not a thing and anyone thinking it is are kidding themselves

Newcastle can spend a **** ton this window. Ashley ran them well, they didn’t lose money. They’ve got £130m or whatever the limit is to spend if they want to. 

Just now, useless said:

I wouldn't be getting overly concerned about Newcastle surviving based on today, it's only their second win of the season and they were pretty much dreadful. On another day would have been a comfortable win for Leeds.

Burnley have 5 games in hand on Norwich.

Will be fascinating to see what actually happens with the table when games starts to catch up.

1 minute ago, useless said:

psychologically massive though. heading into a winter break, potential signings look at them and see that they might stay up too. this result could be a turning point, even though they were crap

26 minutes ago, useless said:

Yep, still a lot to play for. Especially with Burnley's games in hand

Â