Weekends Football 21/23 January

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Why is there 15 mins of ET?

I swear this season there's been more added on time than I can ever remember before.

there was a power cut in the second half

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The teams are so bad that points on the board is better that 5 games in hand

agree with this. not to mention talks of clamping down on these postponed games too so teams wont be able to call games off if they have a few 'injuries'. definitely better to have the points

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Watford were an absolute disgrace tonight. 

Ranieri will be gone, and he deserves it. A hopeless manager

That's a bit strong Ben?! :D

The only people to win the PL since him are Conte, Pep & Klopp! That's some decent company.

(Please don't tell me it was all Shakespeare or Ostrich boy who made Leicester win.)

12 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

The only people to win the PL since him are Conte, Pep & Klopp! That's some decent company.

(Please don't tell me it was all Shakespeare or Ostrich boy who made Leicester win.)

He deserves credit but I really believe it was just the perfect storm at Leicester. They had an excellent group of players who were hitting their ceiling for a club of that size but hadn't yet been snapped up (Kante, Mahrez, Vardy etc) and they played incredibly simple but incredibly effective football. Ranieri just went in, kept the morale up and let them play.

It's obviously a huge achievement, but apart from that one season at Leicester, Ranieri has been really bad for years and years now.

These days he's genuinely useless

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

A team has to finish in every position in the league, I’m never really down with so and so team or manager are absolutely abysmal and clueless and so on unless they really evidently are (us, Derby and and a few others). Even a good manager like Ranieri can have a bad time. Competition is always tough, it’s rare it’s really down to rank incompetence.

Edited by a m ole

14 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

(please don't tell me it was all Shakespeare or Ostrich boy who made Leicester win.)

It was the other 19 teams who couldn't adpat to Leicesters simplistic tactics and the top 2 or 3 teams taking the year off who made Leicester win 😉

• Haha 1

Deano is certainly doing a good job at Norwich.

It was never going to be easy to transition from a team which liked to pass the ball, to one that was difficult to beat, but he seems to be getting there.

He probably has more insight into the way players of limited ability think, having been one himself.

They obviously don't worry too much about giving the ball away and just put in the work to win back again.

There are certainly enough teams above them who are struggling, to make survival possible.

I really hope Deano succeeds!

• Like 1

Â