Formula One - 2022

BOF

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Their punishment is laughable. $7m fine and they're instructed to reduce the time they research aerodynamics by 10%. Which is..  like... what?!

A piss take, as expected.

The sport is boring on the track and a farce off it.

4 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

I for one am shocked.

Max with 2 world titles and needed the fia to win both. Disgusting but not surprising

Understand your views on the first but he walked the second one, no-one else is close.

13 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Understand your views on the first but he walked the second one, no-one else is close.

Nah, the money overspent contributed to this year's car too. I'm sure the whole field would be a lot closer is they too have overspent like red bull have

Horner was asked if he felt the team needed to apologise to the rest of the grid for the overspend 

He said he expects teams to apologise to red bull instead for accusing them of cheating.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Nah, the money overspent contributed to this year's car too. I'm sure the whole field would be a lot closer is they too have overspent like red bull have

I would agree if Perez was 2nd....,

6 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Horner was asked if he felt the team needed to apologise to the rest of the grid for the overspend 

He said he expects teams to apologise to red bull instead for accusing them of cheating.

Is that a joke or for real?

They have literally signed a agreement admitting they cheated.

Well.....I suppose technically they signed a document admitting they overspent, maybe they don't see that as cheating, it's just a £1.8m overspend on sandwiches after all........

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Is that a joke or for real?

They have literally signed a agreement admitting they cheated.

Well.....I suppose technically they signed a document admitting they overspent, maybe they don't see that as cheating, it's just a £1.8m overspend on sandwiches after all........

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/12732687/christian-horner-we-dont-need-to-apologise-other-teams-owe-us-an-apology

For real

• Shocked 1

What a joker, 2 world Championships with Max and both times failed to be 100% genuine. The Redbull car won easily this season because of the overspend and research in the aerodynamics, an we know who does the aero on that car, the genius that is Adrian Newey. They have got away with it yet again, if not for the overspend, you could as good as say it would have been a even field.

There is a rumour that the FIA knew about this at the start of the season, but worked out a deal early on. Did they owe Redbull for last seasons **** up?

The problem with formula 1 at the moment is that with Drive to Survive, and all the other off field antics, RBR have been set up as antagonists (well they set themselves up as antagonists really by being bellends), but on TV the baddies aren't supposed to win. 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

What a joker, 2 world Championships with Max and both times failed to be 100% genuine. The Redbull car won easily this season because of the overspend and research in the aerodynamics, an we know who does the aero on that car, the genius that is Adrian Newey. They have got away with it yet again, if not for the overspend, you could as good as say it would have been a even field.

There is a rumour that the FIA knew about this at the start of the season, but worked out a deal early on. Did they owe Redbull for last seasons **** up?

Red Bull owed them for the safety car, surely. 

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Red Bull owed them for the safety car, surely. 

But they also needed to win a genuine world Championship, which has back fired yet again. How easily they have won it this season, should be bringing a far bigger penalty, i.e financially and a points penalty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

But they also needed to win a genuine world Championship, which has back fired yet again. How easily they have won it this season, should be bringing a far bigger penalty, i.e financially and a points penalty.

As we've seen with FFP, sporting regulators have real problems confronting powerful sports teams, to the detriment of the sport.

• Like 2