Formula One - 2022

BOF

The main things I hope all this extra interest brings is enough money into the teams so that none of them need to employ pay drivers to hit the budget cap. Obviously it's likely the Strolls will be here for the next 5+ years but if they're the only ones by that point then that will be a big win in my book.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BOF said:

Read my posts in here. No denial at all. The credit towards drivers in here is one directional. I like the whole sport. I don't have a team or a driver. But I'm in a thread that very much does. I think I probably followed Jordan back in the day. Otherwise it's been as a general fan since day dot.

Ah come on, you must have favoured the privateer teams and smaller teams in general over the megaglobocorps.

Who didn't love watching Brawn GP try to cling on to their lead while the other teams spent tens of millions in R&D to close the gap?

3 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Are Mercedes sandbagging at over a second of the pace...

Are we going in to the first race of the season? ;)

Seems to be the case every season. Then everyone will be surprised that they suddenly found a second and a half once the racing starts. 

Honestly if merc have dropped the ball and the car is a dog I can see Hamilton announcing retirement before the end of the season. I don't think he's got the drive to drag and develop a car back to title winning form over 2-3 seasons at this stage

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Would be funny if Bottas ends up ahead of the Mercedes cars tomorrow, won't happen but Alfa Romeo and Haas looking competitive, has the Mercedes power unit fallen behind I wonder. McLaren and Aston Martin not pulling up trees and Williams looking the slowest on the grid.

The engine is turned down believe me, it has the power. They are having a few issues with aero, but there are bits and pieces to change before the start of the race, so we will see.

I don't know for sure if they will pull something out the bag for the race, but I do know if they performed to the max now, it would have the Horners moaning already saying they have an advantage.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Honestly if merc have dropped the ball and the car is a dog I can see Hamilton announcing retirement before the end of the season. I don't think he's got the drive to drag and develop a car back to title winning form over 2-3 seasons at this stage

No way Hamilton quits mid-season. Zero possibility.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ah, okay. I like Leclerc and would love to see him do well - about time we saw a Ferrari resurgence.

Me too, I like the Ferrari pairing in general. Sainz is one of my favourite drivers on the grid.

I'd quite enjoy Red Bull and Ferrari going at it. 

Just now, Farlz said:

Me too, I like the Ferrari pairing in general. Sainz is one of my favourite drivers on the grid.

I'd quite enjoy Red Bull and Ferrari going at it. 

I'd quite like to see Ferrari and someone else going at it but I get the sentiment. I'm hoping the sugar-money men retreat back into the pack.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The engine is turned down believe me, it has the power. They are having a few issues with aero, but there are bits and pieces to change before the start of the race, so we will see.

I don't know for sure if they will pull something out the bag for the race, but I do know if they performed to the max now, it would have the Horners moaning already saying they have an advantage.

Curious how you are in the know. Do you think if you are correct the paddock know this too