Yves Bissouma

Corleone

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not really, we are still 11th and all but Leicester are at least 10 points ahead of us half way through the season.

Yes, but you’re saying we won’t be able to get the people we need to strengthen our squad - and our squad is much stronger than it was last year, and will continue to strengthen I’m sure.

1 minute ago, Loxstock92 said:

Well we won’t be getting him in the summer, maybe it’s time….

My thoughts exactly. We can be long term admirers of both but it’s futile if we don’t meet an asking price. 

We’ve got no chance of Bissouma in the Summer and I imagine Phillips will move to a top 6 side.

3 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Yes, but you’re saying we won’t be able to get the people we need to strengthen our squad - and our squad is much stronger than it was last year, and will continue to strengthen I’m sure.

No I meant we need to take opportunities like spending the extra for Bissouma now because we mostly like get him in the summer.  I’m saying getting the players we need will get harder and harder so when we get an opportunity we need to take it.  So I’m not saying we won’t, I’m saying it gets harder.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

My thoughts exactly. We can be long term admirers of both but it’s futile if we don’t meet an asking price. 

We’ve got no chance of Bissouma in the Summer and I imagine Phillips will move to a top 6 side.

So we are in with a chance pf Philips in the summer :)

6 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:
27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not really, we are still 11th and all but Leicester are at least 10 points ahead of us half way through the season.

Also - aren’t Leicester on exactly the same number of points as us right now?

Surely you read my comment as I said the same thing about Leicester.  Plus you fail to mention that not only all the teams I mention are above us but so are Wolves and Brighton.

Just now, Zatman said:

Kalvin Phillips FFS another overrated but average player. Seen him dominated at Championship level 

If we sign him or Bissouma I think I will cry. Both will be found out at the next level 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kalvin Phillips FFS another overrated but average player. Seen him dominated at Championship level 

If we sign him or Bissouma I think I will cry. Both will be found out at the next level 

Got to disagree. Phillips is class, but I don’t think we have a hope in hell in getting him.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

When he's on his game Phillips is a top player, proper grafter. Yes there's room for improvement with Bissouma, but he is already at the next level, seen Brighton lose less games than us with him in the team.

Bissouma will leg it as soon as he can, I'd be surprised if he earns more then 25k p/w there, his agent pockets a ton of money too if he moves. Brighton know he's off sooner or later, they know he will not sign a new contract there. They will just try get the max for him or let his contract run down. 

The only way to MAKE this happen now is to over pay and we a re too shrewd for that.

Â