Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We have an agreement in place to sign him for 33 mill if we want to without any competition from any other club . Why sign him now when we can see how he impacts us for the rest of the season.? 

Conspiracy theorist. Everyone knows option to buy clauses are just a mirage. 

14 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

My understanding of an option to buy is the clubs have an agreement over a future fee but then it’ll be down to us and Coutinho to agree a contract.

As it stands, Barca are paying some of his wages on his current contract, we’re paying a bit and Coutinho has waived some to make the loan happen. 

A full contract won’t be easy to resolve unless Coutinho is something special and not all about the money like most footballers.

im not being negative just think it’s not as easy as some think.

From what I gather bud, the “option to buy” is, in the grand scheme of things, the same as a minimum fee release clause…

From my understanding (which is minimal as I dont work in football as a profession - so don’t hold me to this), basically all we have done is said that if we DO want to sign him on a permanent basis, we only have to pay £30m…

Nothing is stopping Barca accepting a £30m from (insert club name here) - and nothing is stopping Coutinho from rejecting the offer of our permanent deal in favour of another clubs…

• Like 1

If* Villa want him, I’m about 95% certain he will sign. 

*And I’m as near to 100% certain that they do.

I think something would have to have gone spectacularly wrong for him not to be at Villa next season.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

How do you know this to the point it's fact?

We've been through this over and over and over and over again. 

That's how options to buy work. 

Only one player that anyone could name has not signed after an option to buy clause has been activated and that was years ago on a technicality. 

People will claim that they often don't work but the receiving club just pretend they didn't want the player after all to save face, yet again never in history has a player ever called that bullshit or the press got wind of it. 

I'm not going to argue any further.  Some believe the clause is unbreakable, and some believe it's not worth the paper it's written on. I'm in the former group, otherwise what's the point in the clauses existing? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I really and truly hope you’re right… because if you are, it means that either:

a) Phil’s agent is a moron

or, ideally

b) Phil saw something so unique, amazing and fantastic in Gerrards vision for the club that he wants to be a part of it for the foreseeable future, regardless of what any other club could offer him financially or professionally

Like all the other hundreds of agents who have allowed their clients to sign reasonably commonplace option to buy clauses? There sure are a lot of dumb agents out there. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Watching extended highlights. Legit could've scored 4 goals

where are the extended highlights?

I can only see the bitesize currently?

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We've been through this over and over and over and over again. 

That's how options to buy work. 

Only one player that anyone could name has not signed after an option to buy clause has been activated and that was years ago on a technicality. 

People will claim that they often don't work but the receiving club just pretend they didn't want the player after all to save face, yet again never in history has a player ever called that bullshit or the press got wind of it. 

I'm not going to argue any further.  Some believe the clause is unbreakable, and some believe it's not worth the paper it's written on. I'm in the former group, otherwise what's the point in the clauses existing? 

Why is it an argument? 

I just asked how Tom knew it as fact. I don't know what option to buy means, hence me asking how Tom does know what it means. 

No one is arguing, except perhaps you. 

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Why is it an argument? 

I just asked how Tom knew it as fact. I don't know what option to buy means, hence me asking how Tom does know what it means. 

No one is arguing, except perhaps you. 

Try reading back on this thread of endless bickering on the subject amongst dozens of posters. 

It was aimed at the incoming I was expecting to receive. 

Edited by sidcow

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Try reading back on this thread of endless bickering on the subject amongst dozens of posters. 

I don't need to read back. No one is arguing now, just folks having a discussion. Which, I think, is the point of the forum.

20 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think something would have to have gone spectacularly wrong for him not to be at Villa next season.

dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

I don't need to read back. No one is arguing now, just folks having a discussion. Which, I think, is the point of the forum.

Yeah, I edited my post my "arguing" point was aimed at the posters who will inevitably call me out. I'm just stating my belief and I'm not going to argue with anyone who contradicts me because I've been round the Wrekin on it. 

You asked how people know it's done. I just responded with why I believe it's done but explained why others don't. 

24 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Or spectacularly right…

I'm just praying he doesn't get an England call up for the forthcoming Internationals. Don't want him getting tapped up by the big clubs players. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Thug said:

Or spectacularly right…

Ha! I think it would have to be a run of games, like today, but those missed opportunities would have needed to go in. A handful of games like that, then maybe interest from elsewhere might too great. 

But I think he’s happy here.

Â