New Years Weekends Football 1/2 January/Midweek Football 3/6 January

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Spurs and Man Utd both with a few games in hand and they are both in good form. I think we will see a competitive top 6 this season and a real fight for Champions League spots

From us? A push for top6 and hopefully better next year? Read your post 3 times, I think that's what u meant Pete.

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The 2nd viewing of the tackle in that clip clearly shows ball first

It really doesn’t. It’s just a shit angle where Ederson’s foot obscures Odegard’s.

Watch the first clip in slow motion he clearly gets contact on the foot first.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

From us? A push for top6 and hopefully better next year? Read your post 3 times, I think that's what u meant Pete.

Sorry, not from us :). Top 6: City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal (not in that order)

7th,8th,9th: 3 from Hammers, Leicester, Wolves, Villa

• Thanks 1

I'll be amazed if Walker doesn't come on.

Fair play to Arteta he's doing it atm. Went up hugely in my estimations when he clipped Aubas nuts.

Martinelli Saka and Odegaard. Future is bright there. Again Odegaard I wasn't sure what he was good at but he's found a role and a system.

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

It really doesn’t. It’s just a shit angle where Ederson’s foot obscures Odegard’s.

Surely the fact we've all seen it 20 times and nobody can agree if it was or wasn't a penalty shows it wasn't a clear and obvious error?

Like last season when teams were getting 20 penalties and 20 goals disallowed each year.

• Like 1

Arsenal have been good - but can somebody tell me what Xhaka brings to that team?

Heard his name twice: Once for handball, once for turning it over.

Partey and Odegaard that much better considering.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Surely the fact we've all seen it 20 times and nobody can agree if it was or wasn't a penalty shows it wasn't a clear and obvious error?

Like last season when teams were getting 20 penalties and 20 goals disallowed each year.

Not really attempting to argue whether it was a “clear and obvious error” whatever the criteria for that is seems to change on who the decision would benefit.

Just that he makes contact with Odegard before the ball, which is undeniable.

9 minutes ago, penguin said:

He threw himself in the air after getting a slight knock, it’s a dive, simple as.

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Sorry, not from us :). Top 6: City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal (not in that order)

7th,8th,9th: 3 from Hammers, Leicester, Wolves, Villa

I knew I'd read it wrong, yes agree, as said too many mistakes from us have cost us the opportunity, next year though I think we'll be in the 6-8 mix.

Â