Weekends Football 17/19 December

andykeenan

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

It's extremely annoying we can no longer rely on Arsenal crumbling at the 1st sign of adversity.

In the thread on here about who will be the first PL manager sacked I voted for Arteta :)

It is really annoying seeing them improve. They were a team I was targeting us finishing ahead of 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Benjamin White, he’s a bit shite, £50m penalty. 

How he's ahead of Konsa in the England set up is baffling

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its a young team too

Bomb off auba and lacazette, replacing them will be key

Do they need to replace them? Purchasing overpriced mercenaries is what got them into trouble in the first place. Pepe is another waste. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sne said:

Barca concede 2 goals in 2 minutes to drop a 2-0 lead at home against Elche :D

Won 3-2 in the end.

That is one inexperienced and unglamorous Barca side, though. Is Xavi doing a complete rebuild? Or is it just the result of a bankrupt club and a depleted squad? Or both? 

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Wow, Leeds being hailed as fantastic support by commentators when earlier on in the game Rob Holding had to report racist abuse to the referee. Remember when we took football back to the dark ages for celebrating a win?

Amazing club. Amazing fans. Amazing manager. Amazing philosophy. So brave. So passionate. A hot bed of football.

Pashun

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Do they need to replace them? Purchasing overpriced mercenaries is what got them into trouble in the first place. Pepe is another waste. 

If martinelli becomes a week in week out player then maybe that's one of them 

Still think they'd need a proper striker though even if they do rate balogun, when he played vs us he looked a couple of years off 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Still think they'd need a proper striker though even if they do rate balogun, when he played vs us he looked a couple of years off 

I quite like Lacazette to be honest and Martinelli looked very good tonight. 

Just now, El Zen said:

Won 3-2 in the end.

That is one inexperienced and unglamorous Barca side, though. Is Xavi doing a complete rebuild? Or is it just the result of a bankrupt club and a depleted squad? Or both? 

Both

They've apparently put all their big names up for sale after being knocked out of the CL, they have got some young talent though, the best players at the club are 17 year old gavi and 19 year old pedri 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They've got Nketiah as well. Not sure whether he'll make it but he'd probably put more effort in than Auba has recently! You've gotta give the young players a chance haven't you. 

With ESR, i think the Villa bids in the summer almost railroaded Arsenal into giving him a bumper deal, the number 10 shirt and more games. To be fair its worked out well for both ESR and Arsenal. 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I quite like Lacazette to be honest and Martinelli looked very good tonight. 

Lacazette to me has been a big part of Arsenal's problems, he can be lazy and go missing 

Ollie Watkins would be a massive improvement for arsenal, he's everything lacazette isn't 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Lacazette to me has been a big part of Arsenal's problems, he can be lazy and go missing 

Ollie Watkins would be a massive improvement for arsenal, he's everything lacazette isn't 

And he is an Arsenal fan. 80m/100m for Ollie and give that to SG along with whatever other budget we have 😀

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

“Leeds have 16 points from 18 Premier League games this season, the joint-fewest they have ever earned from their first 18 matches of any league campaign, along with 2006-07 in the Championship.”

(From here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/58962184)

Fingers crossed pals…

This surprised me, I had a look at the season they were relegated (2003/04).

For those interested, that season they had 8 points after 13 games so a fairly disastrous start, then had a good little run in the next five games reaching 17 points after 18 games. 

They ultimately finished 19th on 33 points.

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

It is really annoying seeing them improve. They were a team I was targeting us finishing ahead of 

I think a few people did. They are probably just ahead of us at the moment. Depending on what summer both clubs have, i think they are one of the teams in the mini league above us we need to try to catch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Lacazette probably better touch composure and all round game but he can't run for more than 20 minutes.

Â