Weekends Football 17/19 December

andykeenan

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

A pretty enjoyable precedent they're setting though, if your teammate has the ball, you can just wipe out an opponent!

IF you are Man C, Man U or Liverplop 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I dont think he is. Remember Jordan Ayew looked too good for us in our relegation season 

I'll rephrase. He is without a single doubt the best player in that side by a mile. I don't think he is the best player in the premier league, but in that squad he is.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I'll rephrase. He is without a single doubt the best player in that side by a mile. I don't think he is the best player in the premier league, but in that squad he is.

The only player I would take from that team at the moment, and this is purely based on work rate, is Joelinton. Saint-Maximin is clearly the best player in that team from a technical perspective, but he is a highlight player. 5 mins per game he looks world class, the rest you wouldn’t even know he’s on the pitch.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

The only player I would take from that team at the moment, and this is purely based on work rate, is Joelinton. Saint-Maximin is clearly the best player in that team from a technical perspective, but he is a highlight player. 5 mins per game he looks world class, the rest you wouldn’t even know he’s on the pitch.

I think he's been their main man this half. more than just 5min. Joelinton hasn't looked too bad either this game tbf. Looks like he's more effective in a midfield role strangely enough.

Just now, osmark86 said:

I think he's been their main man this half. more than just 5min. Joelinton hasn't looked too bad either this game tbf. Looks like he's more effective in a midfield role strangely enough.

Maybe I’m being a bit hyper critical with the 5 minute thing for Saint-Maximin. But I wouldn’t take him over Bailey or Traore at this point.

Raphinha is the winger that I would love us to sign from another PL team.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Maybe I’m being a bit hyper critical with the 5 minute thing for Saint-Maximin. But I wouldn’t take him over Bailey or Traore at this point.

Yeah I think I would prefer Raphinha too actually. I think Saint-Maximin has done more than Bailey this season if I'm being honest. Traore has been injured so would be unfair to compare.

But I just get this feeling that Saint-Maximin in a better team would look even better than he already does.

• Like 2

Not sure. He isn't better than Bailey, Emi or Traore 

He's also got 4 years left on his Newcastle deal and is so undeniably the star of that team that any kind of transfer would be eye watering 

For us he wouldn't be worth half of what Newcastle would want, if they would even ever consider letting him go 

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

A lot of Newcastle fans think he is self indulgent and harms the team. When we were shit it was one of the things you couldnt say about Grealish 

• Like 1

A lot of Newcastle fans think he is self indulgent and harms the team. When we were shit it was one of the things you couldnt say about Grealish 

his self-indulgence is their only threat most of the time

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I don't think this is true at all.  He may have moments of it, but he's their standout player by an absolute mile and is always looking to create - not just self-indulge at all.

He's a class act.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I don't think this is true at all.  He may have moments of it, but he's their standout player by an absolute mile and is always looking to create - not just self-indulge at all.

He's a class act.

We also used to have fans say Grealish should give the ball to Adomah and Kodjia more, so.

I think ASMs level is clearly above Newcastle but he’s not top level.

Â