Weekends Football 17/19 December

andykeenan

34 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

People describing this one as a “leg breaker” are talking nonsense imo. Not enough force, foot wasn’t planted, it’s on the shin pad.

Mate, you’re in cloud cuckoo land.

The pace he’s running at, the intensity of it, he’s out of control on it…it’s a clear red card. Robertson was lucky, if a millisecond earlier it would’ve broken his leg, I’m not sure how you argue against that and that was not because of Kane.  Kane was incredibly lucky he didn’t get a red card and even more so he didn’t break another persons leg because of his reckless challenge.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Gallacher being as politically correct as he could about his former colleagues but you can see he thinks a red card.

I know he gets a lot of stick for always just backing up his mates, and rightfully so, but I do feel for him a little bit, the presenter is so needlessly aggressive in this, it wasn't Dermot that made the decision!

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I know he gets a lot of stick for always just backing up his mates, and rightfully so, but I do feel for him a little bit, the presenter is so needlessly aggressive in this, it wasn't Dermot that made the decision!

Oh course I feel for him but he’s paid to give a rule book assessment not to defend his mates.  I didn’t mind the presenter being so aggressive, I’m so sick of soft ball questions on the obvious stuff that goes on or the lack of follow up questions generally so it was nice to see the presenter push him.  

• Like 1

On 19/12/2021 at 17:41, sheepyvillian said:

I'm absolutely loving Kyogo for Celtic. Two great goals today to beat Hibs in the final of the league cup. 

Second time I've seen him "live" and he is quick, has good feet and works his socks off. 

However he won't get two easier chances donated to him by the Leith U12s than on Sunday. True he still had work to do but............

At the first, one minute after we had scored, ones instructions to schoolboys would be, concentrate at the back, don't switch off and don't allow the opposition  space in the final third ( especially between your centre backs). This is exactly what Hibs did! ( plus our keeper should have positioned himself better so there was no space on the nearpost and force Kyogo to shoot across him) 

At the second, true the linesman had signaled for the sub and the fourth official had the board out for the substitution but schoolboys are told to play to the refs whistle, don't stop and at the very least get someone to stand over the ball to prevent the freekick being taken quickly .......against the law , yes, but nobody gets penalised for it. Again, amateur stuff Hibs and won't happen down South.

I think he will move to England but he's not going to meet this type of defending and will be a lot tougher for him. He'll also have to improve his play acting, diving, cheating, the likes of which I've never seen the like..........especially the one in the Hearts game when up against Souttar..........embarrassing. The best one on Sunday was when he still thought our player was on him so collapsed as though he'd been shot.......only to find our defender had stopped and was a good yard off him. Should have been a yellow but the ref just had a quiet word with him......one of many baffling decisions from that enigma that is John Beaton, supposedly a referee.

For his antics, Kyogo is taking  up the mantle of  the player to hate the most up here from Morelos of Rangers.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

Second time I've seen him "live" and he is quick, has good feet and works his socks off. 

However he won't get two easier chances donated to him by the Leith U12s than on Sunday. True he still had work to do but............

At the first, one minute after we had scored, ones instructions to schoolboys would be, concentrate at the back, don't switch off and don't allow the opposition  space in the final third ( especially between your centre backs). This is exactly what Hibs did! ( plus our keeper should have positioned himself better so there was no space on the nearpost and force Kyogo to shoot across him) 

At the second, true the linesman had signaled for the sub and the fourth official had the board out for the substitution but schoolboys are told to play to the refs whistle, don't stop and at the very least get someone to stand over the ball to prevent the freekick being taken quickly .......against the law , yes, but nobody gets penalised for it. Again, amateur stuff Hibs and won't happen down South.

I think he will move to England but he's not going to meet this type of defending and will be a lot tougher for him. He'll also have to improve his play acting, diving, cheating, the likes of which I've never seen the like..........especially the one in the Hearts game when up against Souttar..........embarrassing. The best one on Sunday was when he still thought our player was on him so collapsed as though he'd been shot.......only to find our defender had stopped and was a good yard off him. Should have been a yellow but the ref just had a quiet word with him......one of many baffling decisions from that enigma that is John Beaton, supposedly a referee.

For his antics, Kyogo is taking  up the mantle of  the player to hate the most up here from Morelos of Rangers.

Am I right in thinking that McGinn is SJMs brother ?

I thought the atmosphere was terrific. More tri- colours than an all Ireland hurling final. Love it.

Edited by sheepyvillian

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Am I right in thinking that McGinn is SJMs brother ?

I thought the atmosphere was terrific. More tri- colours than an all Ireland hurling final. Love it.

Aye, Paul is SJMs brother. We used to have Stephen as well, all three have scored for us. ( and for St Mirren)

Too many tricolours in our end......I counted three which is three too many.

• Like 1

Â