Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

My point is Nick, to a large extent...its still Deans players, you say not much has changed, why would it?

• The difference here is, you thinks its coaching, I think its the players......we will see, because neither of us can be sure, until he gets his own team to judge.
  • The DM Issue is capable of having a knock on effect to the whole team.
  • I think Newcastles January business made a huge effect on them, particularly Burn, Trippier and Guimares.
  • As for Brighton, we was trying to sign their CDM if the speculation was right, and he went to Spurs instead, hardly a bad player or less than what we had.
  • That wasn't a distraction tactic at all....it was a point to say, with the right players in the right positions, Dean would still be in the job, and I believe that.

your right, it doesn't matter, what is behind us.....its what's in front that matters.

UTV

I have points to refute that but we’ve been around this circle before so let’s just wait and see.  We are both hopeful is the main thing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Anyway it doesn’t matter now, it’s just what he(Gerrard) does this coming season.  For me he needs to step it up, no point being a side ways move on Smith, he needs to be better.  It looks like the club will invest in him, so he needs to deliver.  The jury is still out on him, but he has time, he just needs to deliver.

This. All about the future now, the past is gone.

I think a preseason will be massive for us, fitness will be improved upon and so too implementing tactics.

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

My point is Nick, to a large extent...its still Deans players, you say not much has changed, why would it?

• The difference here is, you think its coaching, I think its the players......we will see, because neither of us can be sure, until he gets his own team to judge.
  • The DM Issue is capable of having a knock on effect to the whole team....you seem to agree, but then play it down.
  • I think Newcastles January business made a huge effect on them, particularly Burn, Trippier and Guimares.
  • As for Brighton, we was trying to sign their CDM if the speculation was right, and he went to Spurs instead, hardly a bad player or less than what we had.
  • That wasn't a distraction tactic at all....it was a point to say, with the right players in the right positions, Dean would still be in the job, and I believe that.

your right, it doesn't matter, what is behind us.....its what's in front that matters.

UTV

I also think it's the players who had to understand a tweak in playing philosophy; very difficult to coach players who are either not good enough or aren't your own players.

DM has literally been an issue for a long time, another problem Gerrard inherited. Losing Nakamba was a major blow as we looked much tighter with him in there.

Newcastle's acquisitions were astute and made a big difference. They ended drastic measures as they were looking sunk, Villa and Gerrard possibly thought we were safe enough and gave the players the opportunity to prove themselves. Some of them didn't grasp this...

We know Bissouma was a key target for us at one point, he's now gone to a CL team instead.

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I have points to refute that but we’ve been around this circle before so let’s just wait and see.  We are both hopeful is the main thing.

All facts and not really up for debate or refuting at all.

The Manager needs time, the impatience is actually really embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Sweet jesus. He wears one of those ridiculous man bag things. 

Gerrard out.

I bet its a Liverpool one as well!

20 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I also think it's the players who had to understand a tweak in playing philosophy; very difficult to coach players who are either not good enough or aren't your own players.

DM has literally been an issue for a long time, another problem Gerrard inherited. Losing Nakamba was a major blow as we looked much tighter with him in there.

Newcastle's acquisitions were astute and made a big difference. They ended drastic measures as they were looking sunk, Villa and Gerrard possibly thought we were safe enough and gave the players the opportunity to prove themselves. Some of them didn't grasp this...

We know Bissouma was a key target for us at one point, he's now gone to a CL team instead.

The Manager needs time, the impatience is actually really embarrassing.

Yeah but we haven’t won a game for weeks!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

They weren’t all facts plus I have facts that refute some of assertions.  Again though it ground that has been gone over last month and we are looking to the future so let’s move on.

47 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

the impatience is actually really embarrassing.

Get off your high horse! Discussing the situation isn’t impatience, it’s discussing the situation which is what this forum is about!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why are they ridiculous?

I assume you wear one also. 

What goes in the man bag that can't go, for example, in your pocket?

#GerrardIn (keeping on topic).

28 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I assume you wear one also. 

What goes in the man bag that can't go, for example, in your pocket?

#GerrardIn (keeping on topic).

If you have thick, manly, muscular thighs things don’t fit in your pockets.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

If you have thick, manly, muscular thighs things don’t fit in your pockets.

Lol,.to be fair, Gerrard doesn't have " thick legs ".

However, don't get me wrong either, I used to troll the " man purse " but the older I've gotten, the more ridiculous I've realised it is to troll them.

It's essentially a useful shoulder bag ffs.

I'm not sure how being practical makes you less manly .

" Fanny packs " are questionable though 😂

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol,.to be fair, Gerrard doesn't have " thick legs ".

I think they are lovely really…

072E5F81-54F2-4978-B452-B4A384A55186.jpeg

oh you mean a different Gerrard 😉

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Get off your high horse! Discussing the situation isn’t impatience, it’s discussing the situation which is what this forum is about!

Criticism and hearing the same arguments after he has been in the job a mere five minutes is by definition impatience. Fact.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Criticism and hearing the same arguments after he has been in the job a mere five minutes is by definition impatience. Fact.

By you saying “Fact” doesn’t make it a fact 😉😂

Just now, nick76 said:

By you saying “Fact” doesn’t make it a fact 😉😂

If people aren't giving him any room, time and understanding it is the definition of impatience. That is indeed a fact, you could perhaps look it up in a thesaurus.

giphy.gif

Â