Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

For me, the fan and player discontent as well as alienation is actually worse than the results/performances.

I have belief that if there was some kind of unity among the players behind him, and morale that we were building something positive, there would be more patience.

However there is just way too much wrong 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For me, the fan and player discontent as well as alienation is actually worse than the results/performances.

I have belief that if there was some kind of unity among the players behind him, and morale that we were building something positive, there would be more patience.

However there is just way too much wrong 

Things seem to be turning very toxic, the only way to stop it is by getting rid of Gerrard

At the end of the day the people running the club are hard-nosed businessmen and if the cost of keeping Gerrard becomes greater than the cost of paying him off and getting someone else in, they'll act. We're fast reaching that point, if we haven't already.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Is Percy saying Gerrard has up to the Southampton game to keep his job? 🤔

that's what i read

think it's a given we'll lose the next 2 but i'm not convinced he'd survive a bad result vs leicester

20 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Who wants Gerrard out:
The Villa fans
Bailey
Sanson
Buendia
Mings
Guilbert
Chukwuemeka Family
Archer
Kaine Kessler 
Iroegbunam
Douglas Luiz
Traore
El Ghazi

Who wants Gerrard to stay:
4 guys on Villatalk
Purslow
Coutinho
John Mcginn
Danny Ings
Cash
Josh Feeney
Liverpool Fans
Man United Fans
Birmingham City Fans
Wolves Fans
WBA Fans
Bournemouth Fans 
Gerrards Media Friends

Honestly, I’m not sure even McGinn wants him to stay even though he’s become the gaffer’s pet.

McGinn doesn’t exactly look happy with the situation he’s ended up in, suddenly despised by most fans. I bet he much preferred things the way they were before SG.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

The Premier League season is four games old. If Villa are still performing with as little confidence as they showed against West Ham after 10 or 15 games, then I would be concerned.

The funny thing is that we have been performing like that for the last 15 games. That's why we only have 3 wins during that time. So can we sack him now Micah?! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

We need to get rid of him before he alienates all the players, as talk is now Bailey wanting to go ajax

the board (if they had any sense) won't be sanctioning any departures this window now.

Serious question, would the players privately down tools in the next two games and take a good hammering to see him gone? Not saying they will or it’s what I expect, just wondering if they would consider it?

18 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Well if we lose the next two as expected that would be four on the bounce. If we then fail to beat Leicester or Southampton it's surely curtains for him at that point irregardless of what the current view in the board room is, it would just be untenable for him to continue. I don't think Villa fans would take it lightly if Gerrard was suddenly given all the benefit of the doubt and chances that Dean Smith wasn't afforded - it would quickly turn toxic not just against Gerrard but Purslow and the board too

Edited by david-avfc
  • Like 1

It's almost impressive how much he is managing to get everything wrong. 

I just hope the club doesn't allow him to torch the place on his way out by selling useful players, bringing in new ones to suit his "tactics" or generally make the job harder for the next guy by alienating even more of our players and fans.

He's like a perfect storm of incompetence.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Serious question, would the players privately down tools in the next two games and take a good hammering to see him gone? Not saying they will or it’s what I expect, just wondering if they would consider it?

They wont have too. Gerrard system will ensure that anyway

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I don’t think so. He is just speculating I suspect. Our owners are tight lipped on all matters.

18 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

They wouldn't, but if they are not happy then it's difficult to perform to their maximum. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Shirtman said:

Despite the Telegraph not being my favourite rag, this is an excellent summary of our current predicament under Gerrard.

The fact that it’s written by Percy, probably the only genuine ITK regarding us, is all the more damming. I’m not saying the club approved it but I doubt Percy would want to upset the hierarchy too much. When trusted journalists write articles as critical as this one, it’s fair to say the end is near. Perhaps not as near as we’d like but close enough. Vote of confidence time?

• Like 2

Â