Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Bringing a new manager in now, right before Arsenal and City, would be insane.

But how about sacking SG tonight and leaving Critchley in charge until the first international break.

We have 3 days to acquire players for a new manager. Even if we don't hire them we should contact someone like Poch to look at the squad and tell us where we need to strengthen.

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Hilarious how he found a much more solid midfield combo and in a state of panic reverted back to Ramsey and McGinn. The man is clueless. He doesn't even attempt to change the shape. Just like for like subs game after game. 

His 2 striker formation has now failed him as well wonder what he resorts to now. 

It’s incredible

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

With the right manager Leicester away and Southampton at home are very winnable games and would get the season right back on track.

We need to be approaching people tonight and hopefully someone good will say yes by end of the week.

Yeah I’m all for approaching candidates right now and if someone can be in place before Leicester, great. But I suspect the int break will be used for making the change, that’s usually the case.

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Anyone looking to defend him should remember that you need signs of progress to back up your argument. He isn't showing any.

Eh we only lost by 1 goal today 😛

6 minutes ago, picicata said:

Sigh

Another week, another loss. Gerrard really has not a clue what he's doing, he is possibly the stupidest manager in the 40 years I've followed the club.

He needs to go and he needs to go now, no waiting, no excuses, no giving him until whatever game. He is an incompetent fool.

Should have been handed a notice before he even goes for interview. 

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Songs that could have been written about Steven Gerrard: “Time to say goodbye”  “Goodbye” “Na Na Na Na Goodbye” “Goodbye, farewell” “So long” 

"Dickhead" by the Lovely Eggs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Think of the money we spent -

hiring MacPhee

relieving Terry and O’Kelly of their contracts

hiring Danks

paying off Smith’s contract

paying off Rangers

paying Gerrard’s 5x Smith’s salary

paying off Blackpool for Critchley

now having to sack all of them

SG had double coaching staffs since he decided to keep parts of Smith’s. Maybe the next manager will keep everyone and add his own to break a staff record?

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Think of the money we spent -

hiring MacPhee

relieving Terry and O’Kelly of their contracts

hiring Danks

paying off Smith’s contract

paying off Rangers

paying Gerrard’s 5x Smith’s salary

paying off Blackpool for Critchley

now having to sack all of them

I think the money is a salient point. I disliked the SG appointment because of the money it took - it seemed OTT given his track record. And now he is not delivering it is a real issue - I think NSWE have a metric which is you pay for what you get - they  must feel ripped off. 

• Like 1

Â