Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, Mantis said:

Oh FFS not this again.

Even if Gerrard isn't the right man, the decision to get rid of Smith was absolutely justified.

I agree with this but Gerrard wasn't and isn't the one to replace him. I am beginning to wonder how much the players are with him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:
2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I dont blame Gerrard for this but a week after saying "we're a 45 minute side, I need to change that" and then having one of the best 45 minutes we've had then going on to lose whatever this ends up is the worst timing.

Why don't you blame Gerrard?

Because it's not Gerrard's fault that Ings and Watkins cant take simple chances. We should have been winning comfortably at half-time.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Oh FFS not this again.

Even if Gerrard isn't the right man, the decision to get rid of Smith was absolutely justified.

We are no better, you sack people to improve, not to stand still

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

He won't survive much of more this.

I don't believe any manager can 

I'm not so sure, but even if we did get rid, I absolutely guarantee we'll be seeing the exact same underlying problems within a year. We are weak, pathetic and fragile. Rotten.

1 minute ago, macandally said:

We are no better, you sack people to improve, not to stand still

Then the issue is the Gerrard appointment, not sacking Smith.

But even then Gerrard has still done better than Smith, albeit not by nearly enough.

Just now, andym said:

We have some glaring issues in the squad yes, but the whole point of hiring him was that he was meant to be able to get more out of it than Smith

I'm worried about letting him loose in the summer with the money we have available

Me to

1 minute ago, andym said:

We have some glaring issues in the squad yes, but the whole point of hiring him was that he was meant to be able to get more out of it than Smith

I'm worried about letting him loose in the summer with the money we have available

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

That's not the point. He asked why we sacked Smith, I told him.

Same person, try reading the post.

Gerrard wants to play one way, but doesn’t have the squad for it, but is incapable of flexing to use the tools he does have.

That is NOT a good manager, that’s a one trick pony

• Like 2

First major setback after all we did under him and Smith was gone. 

And we chucked that away for this? I continue to hope that we moved on from Smith to progress but that's just hope at the moment. There's not much to suggest it's going to happen.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, andym said:

Gerrard signed Coutinho, Digne and Chambers. Almost everyone else was signed by Smith. What about Gerrard makes you "worried" about letting im spend money?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Remember who signed most of thes eplayers oh you know that guy...

Dean smith

Mmm, no, we have a Sporting Director for continuity within the Aston Villa DNA.  He supposedly finds the players.

Gerrard has basically binned that DNA off for the only system he can coach by the looks of it 

• Like 1

Â