Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Confused @Woody1000?

That season, he got 13 assists and 24 goals in 44 games. He's a very direct player, he was more suited to that role than CM.

The confusion Tom was about how that has any relevance to him being Aston Villa manager or the job that he is doing.

16 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

The confusion Tom was about how that has any relevance to him being Aston Villa manager or the job that he is doing.

The discussion had moved onto something else, that's all :)

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Still wouldn't change him for any other manager......He just needs time to build his own team.

Eh.... I wouldn't sack him today (that'd be premature), but there are dozens of managers I'd swap him for all else being equal. A number of whom would earn a fair bit less. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Still wouldn't change him for any other manager......He just needs time to build his own team.

Big call mate! I’m very interested in Gerrard being a success at Villa and hoping he’s going to be success and very much behind him. However, there are names out there that hypothetically I would let Gerrard go to get them in without a second thought.  That’s not the case but Gerrard has a long way to go to prove himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Eh.... I wouldn't sack him today (that'd be premature), but there are dozens of managers I'd swap him for all else being equal. A number of whom would earn a fair bit less. 

I’m not calling you out or saying you’re wrong. However given the time it’s taken Man U to fill their manager roll, the problems that Spurs had, Newcastle could potentially offer almost any money and still ended up with about their 5th choice, I’m not so sure that there are dozens we could choose from. Anyway it feels like I’ve walked into a Watford forum in here. 

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure if this had been posted, but ya gotta love him!

He lost the game and was miffed.....He is right not to let Des rub his nose in it.......wish a few more were like that.

I want him to be prickly, when we lose.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

He lost the game and was miffed.....He is right not to let Des rub his nose in it.......wish a few more were like that.

I want him to be prickly, when we lose.

Never really fussed about interviews - I don't think they are a good indicator of good manager / bad manager .

The bit at the end is cringe beyond belief. He has a go at the interviewer - but then plays the  "I'm a loveable Scouser really mate - no harm done eh" 

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Never really fussed about interviews - I don't think they are a good indicator of good manager / bad manager .

The bit at the end is cringe beyond belief. He has a go at the interviewer - but then plays the  "I'm a loveable Scouser really mate - no harm done eh" 

He reminded the interviewer of the relevance of his questions, after spending time explaining just that....He don't suffer fools gladly, thankfully.

He was probably tired of explaining to 11 others, what he wanted doing, so Des just copped it....he''ll ( Des)maybe know next time......just hope our 11 do.

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

The BT interviewer was incredibly condescending and disrespectful. He (Des) wanted to make the interview about his ideas and opinions, ignoring everything that Gerrard said to him. Gerrard is human. This was a natural, assertive  and fair response. Nothing worse than a manager who does not get upset after a defeat and poor performance. I like it. There is a time and place to be calm but it is not in the aftermath of a poor defeat. I do not believe in the  "don't get too high, don't get too low" rubbish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Had a go at the interviewer for stupid questions, one of them was indeed stupid, but then asked for 'more better' questions next time 😂🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's been posted a while... and a section have skated him for it 🤣

Personally I like it.

Gerrard best skill so far is his interviews. This really was a poor one and he said nothing interesting 

• Like 1

It was a mildly funny interview. Anybody making a big deal out of it, either the “he takes no guff and doesn’t like losing, born winner” school of thought, or those of the “he needs to deal better with interviews after losses” persuasion are reading waaaaaay too much into it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I have never once cared about what a manager has to say in an interview. It's just PR crap that may or may not be their true opinions on the matter.

Yep, Gerrard is good at the media side as well so he knows what he is doing. 

If he was going through his tactics book in a post game interview I might be a little be worried that he is losing it

Â