The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

26 minutes ago, Dave_jW said:

The suspense is killing me.......can't wait for you to put me out of my misery, ada..........P.S that was my Auntie's name😂

Ha 😂 I just can’t wait for it to happen and we can all be discussing this persons performance for the first team and not reserves or loan or Liverpool in the cup 😉

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I like the coaching ticket coming with Gerrard the more I've researched them. Plus Gerrard will sort out our midfield. 

er yeah.....and if he does, don't under estimate the knock on effect to our team.

In retrospect it’s pretty clear that the club knew their first choice to replace Dean, they went for him and appear to have got him. All within a few days. Much more decisive than previous manager recruitment exercises for Villa and this suggests they have a plan.

Whether it works out is less in their control - to be honest, Gerrard is inexperienced as a manager, even though he has done well with Rangers,  and it is a bit of a punt to appoint him.

But whatever happens, I feel confident there is clarity of purpose from the board and that makes me feel optimistic.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2